Moving a sim to another player

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Moving a sim to another player

Post by SKatF »

I'm curious how this works. The game says when you marry a sim, they will move in with you. I've never had this happen. I assumed it was because I didn't have an open slot at the time. I'm wondering if it can be done at any time, or only at certain times.

Has anyone moved another sim in to their home? That is, been the player who "received" the transferring sim. How does that work? I'm wondering how and when you ask. Also whether the incoming sim retains their traits, work and hobby skilks etc. or whether you start new with them.

Erin, I think you moved Linnet out to Peggy. What was that process from the view of the "donating" player?
mockingbird288z

Re: Moving a sim to another player

Post by mockingbird288z »

When my sim married a NPC that sim did move into the house, which is what I think they mean, but didn't become a playable sim.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thanks. I didn't ever marry a NPC sim, only my own or another player's sim.

I decided to go ahead and let Marcus move in with player Catharina's sim. I was thinking of retiring him anyway. I did get an heirloom, and he shows in my family portrait as if he retired.

My new sim is Beschier, who hopefully won't act as clueless as he looks in this picture!😁
Attachments
20180821_124805.jpg
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

The sim who moved from my world to Catharina's kept his outfit and hair, which she did not have although she'll lose it if she changes his clothes. He kept his traits, which she did not have unlocked. He lost his job and hobby skills, and had to start over. He lost all his relationships, except with her sims. This included with a sim who was from another player both Catharina and I were friends with.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Sorry, I'm late with a reply :oops:

When Linnet moved out of my home I got a heirloom. She was around in my town for a few days as a young woman, but turned into a retiree soon. She did not have a plumbob while she was still there as if she was a NPC.

Recently I asked my friends who often moved in sims about the traits. They said, the moved sims didn't keep the good upbringing trait. I don't know about the other traits.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Yes, Catharina said that one was missing, but the remaining 4 were there.

Marcus was ready to retire, but I kept refusing. I did get the heirloom after his move. After he moved, Catharina is now being asked whether she wants to retire him also and get an heirloom. I think you could pass a sim who is ready to retire to another player (who has a vacancy) and they could retire them immediately, reopening their slot and both of you would get an heirloom off the one sim.

When you give your sim to another player, even though it's like they retired in some ways, I don't think they hang around and give you chances for the retiree family events. At least Marcus hasn't so far.