Lp/Skipping goal dilemma. What would you do?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
espressonist
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Lp/Skipping goal dilemma. What would you do?

Post by espressonist »

So. I am on level 30, and max Sims for it. I get another at 32.

I just got the goal to have 4 Politicians. I have 2.

I could use LP to skip... I'm only at 13 though. That's a decent cut.:/ And, I'm trying to save up to have a good amount, in case things like this happen. ( Or resources. Or adding Sims after my limit eventually gets reached...)

Is it better to wait it out, or take the hit?

What about Sims who are top level in their career? Could I switch someone? Any downsides?
Game Center: Espressonist

Just started my game over- be patient with my tiny town!
ErinPW

Re: Lp/Skipping goal dilemma. What would you do?

Post by ErinPW »

espressonist wrote:So. I am on level 30, and max Sims for it. I get another at 32.

I could use LP to skip... I'm only at 13 though. That's a decent cut.:/ And, I'm trying to save up to have a good amount, in case things like this happen. ( Or resources. Or adding Sims after my limit eventually gets reached...)

What about Sims who are top level in their career? Could I switch someone? Any downsides?
Will you get an LP for this goal? Then you actually give 4. The next goals might give more LPs back. Unfortunately we don't get always LP :(
When I changed a profession the last time, he had lost 1 level. I could see this, when I changed him back. Now I always have at least 2 sims without profession for these goals. They can earn more money and XPs with gardening or doing hobbies :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
espressonist
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by espressonist »

ErinPW wrote:
espressonist wrote:So. I am on level 30, and max Sims for it. I get another at 32.

Will you get an LP for this goal? Then you actually give 4. The next goals might give more LPs back. Unfortunately we don't get always LP :(
When I changed a profession the last time, he had lost 1 level. I could see this, when I changed him back. Now I always have at least 2 sims without profession for these goals. They can earn more money and XPs with gardening or doing hobbies :)
Yup. I get 1 LP for it. Hmm. I think there was a list of goals around here , maybe I'll check it, and see if mine matches up with that order so far, maybe it'll show whats next..

blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

My Sims seem to go back to level 1 in hobbies and in professions if they make a change, even if I change them back immediately. So I, too, follow the strategy of a an unemployed Sim. In fact, I think I have four now who are "unemployed." That is, they are doing better with hobbies and planting, so I keep them free for goals!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Do you have sims that are woodworkers? If you do, you can use them to earn LP for skipping goals. 10 sims working on woodworking at 4 minutes interval for half an hour should give you enough to skip a mission or two. You get simoleons and xp while you're at it too!
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
espressonist
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by espressonist »

animagif wrote:Do you have sims that are woodworkers? If you do, you can use them to earn LP for skipping goals. 10 sims working on woodworking at 4 minutes interval for half an hour should give you enough to skip a mission or two. You get simoleons and xp while you're at it too!
I have 4- but I haven't earned the bench for my town yet I'll work on that today.

espressonist
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by espressonist »

animagif wrote:Do you have sims that are woodworkers? If you do, you can use them to earn LP for skipping goals. 10 sims working on woodworking at 4 minutes interval for half an hour should give you enough to skip a mission or two. You get simoleons and xp while you're at it too!
Really feeling dumb for not thinking ofthis! haha

animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

espressonist wrote:
I have 4- but I haven't earned the bench for my town yet I'll work on that today.
Oh I thought you have already got access to the benches. That's ok though, you only need one sim to complete the woodworking hobby to unlock the benches and luckily woodworking progress fairly nicely up the levels. Once you have one sim at level 6, you can call another 2 to the community center to unlock all the items and you're set.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

espressonist wrote:
Really feeling dumb for not thinking ofthis! haha
If you have sims who has reached level 6 with another hobby, it will be more easy
to complete the card for the reward of 3LPs :) Except fishing, because there's only one fisher :(
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ohiocat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ohiocat »

I also keep a couple of unemployed sims for these goals and I love it when they pop up because it's such an easy way to earn an LP. Take the job, get the LP, quit the job. The sim you're using to take the job can keep doing whatever you've got them doing and you don't even have to be at their house, just use the sim tracker.