Baby question

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Baby question

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I'm about to have my first baby (well Charlie and Katie are). I finally leveled up this morning so I can add a Sim and their crib has been sitting there for over a week with an unbuildable Sim icon on it. Now it's buildable. Before I click on it and mess it up, do we build the baby the same way you build the grown ups? Will they let me pick personality, hair, etc? Or if I click on it, does a random baby show up?

I'm used to Sims 3 babies with the pregnancy and stuff and having to constantly care for the baby for 3 Sim days to avoid CPS taking the baby away. If we have to do that here, I will have to wait until the weekend so I can monitor. I've visited neighbors with babies and there is always an adult sitting in the babies' rooms when I visit. Do the parents have to sit with them for 3 days? Since this one is in real time, I don't know if they should have their baby yet. :shock:
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Baby question

Post by animagif »

Short answer is no. Babies in sims freeplay is fairly low maintenance. Yes you can choose their gender but the sim customisation is somewhat limited. When you have babies, they just appear in their crib and ... that's pretty much it. They don't do much but sleep and soil themselves.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

In addition:
One adult sim has to be at the house with the crib all the time. It doesn't matter, who of your sims. S/he can do what ever you want.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ohiocat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ohiocat »

When you grow the baby up to a toddler, you will get the option to change his or her skin tone, hair color and style, eye color, and clothing.

In SFP, you grow babies and toddlers up by baking them a birthday cake ... once the cake is baked, you can then click on the baby/toddler and you'll see the option to grow them up.

The cake takes 1 day to bake (and the adult sim is occupied all through the baking process), but you can do it whenever you want. You don't have to wait a certain number of days and you don't have to do it at all if you don't want to. I don't particularly care for the babies, so I always start an adult baking the cake right away so I can grow them up to toddler. I like the toddlers so much that I've got 3 that I plan to keep as toddlers.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Thank you all so much! Since Charlie works nights and Katie works days, as long as one of them is at home, then they can both keep going to work, right? I think the toddlers are cute, too, so I will have to decide who is going to give up a day of work to bake the cake over the weekend when I can pay attention to them. I want a little kid in a dinosaur costume to show to my real life son (he's in his 30's but when he was 8, I made him a stegosaurus costume for Halloween, we still have it - saving it for future grand kids cuz the darn thing took me 45 sewing hours to complete). Figured he and my daughter in law would get a kick out of my Sim Dinosaur kid :)
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
ohiocat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ohiocat »

Yes, if you've got one parent who works days and one who works nights, they can both keep going to work. Just one of them needs to stay home with the baby -- or with the toddler when you decide to grow the baby up. Toddlers have to have an adult with them at all times too.

I like my toddlers so much I made one of my empty houses into a daycare. It has a full kitchen, bathroom, a bedroom with 3 beds (one for each toddler), and a big playroom with lots of toys scattered around. Duck pond, wading pools, sandboxes and swingset in the front yard. An unemployed sim is my daycare provider (lol)... she is a fashion hobbyist and has a design table and a gardening plot there so she can earn some $$ while guarding over the toddlers. I have one of the costume boxes there and sometimes they all dress up. :)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Ohiocat> I created a daycare too. They are all still babies but eventually...

I hibernate the babies a lot of the time if I don't want to fool with them. That way the earn XP.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
ohiocat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ohiocat »

I hope you enjoy your daycare as much as I enjoy mine! Someday soon, your little sim babies will grow up into adorable toddlers, playing pirates in the wading pools, talking to Teddy at the tea table, creating fine art with their blocks.... so cute!!

And speaking of cute, your avatar is just adorable. I smile every time I see it.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

ohiocat wrote:I hope you enjoy your daycare as much as I enjoy mine! Someday soon, your little sim babies will grow up into adorable toddlers, playing pirates in the wading pools, talking to Teddy at the tea table, creating fine art with their blocks.... so cute!!

And speaking of cute, your avatar is just adorable. I smile every time I see it.
Thanx. Good it makes you smile. I like your cat as well.

I think I will enjoy the daycare a lot once I grow them up. I have two grandparents that babysit right now. But toddlers are so cute. I've been collecting toys and things. I wanted to have "stuff" before I grow them up. Pretty soon. Mostly we hang out in bathrooms these days spraying Febreeze!!!
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Pic of Grandfather Hershel and Rosita dancing. She was cleaning the pool at east Oceanside and Hershel happened by. I think he likes her. These are my primary babysitters.
image.jpg