help me: Unable to get Gold

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
calleighwolfe
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: help me

Post by calleighwolfe »

I've also gotten some Gold from Designing. That and growing corn has been the better options for me.
I'm on Facebook! Just ask ;)
It might take me a while to answer, but I will :)
Level 55. TV: 124,171,224
HFN: Starter House
Haunted House: 1 EastSide
Tutti Frutti Update
Signature updated on March 17th, 2022
KittySneakers
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by KittySneakers »

Just wanted to let you know that today I was visiting a neighbor's town and praised a dog and got GOLD BARS!!!! Hope this helps someone :D
nqmalloy
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by nqmalloy »

Thank you Hufflepuff, Karen!! Thank you for your detailed reply.
Sweet~Tart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sweet~Tart »

is it worth it to spend LPs to upgrade the monuments?
HFN= 22 Westside/starter house
Currently= Sunset mall Quest :D
updated to outdoors, but haven't started this quest yet :oops:
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Sweet~Tart wrote:is it worth it to spend LPs to upgrade the monuments?
Personally I don't think the rewards for upgrading the monuments is worth spending LP's. They were designed to be something to work at long term. It would take a whole lot of LP's to upgrade all of them to the highest level. Yes, they do give you things like a chance of bonus XP etc. But to me the bonuses don't warrant spending LP's. But you may think it's worth it. I only upgrade them when I get the pop-up saying I have enough resources to upgrade one of the monuments. Other than that, I don't really pay them any attention. I figure eventually I'll get there.
Sweet~Tart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sweet~Tart »

DelDel wrote:
Personally I don't think the rewards for upgrading the monuments is worth spending LP's. They were designed to be something to work at long term. It would take a whole lot of LP's to upgrade all of them to the highest level. Yes, they do give you things like a chance of bonus XP etc. But to me the bonuses don't warrant spending LP's. But you may think it's worth it. I only upgrade them when I get the pop-up saying I have enough resources to upgrade one of the monuments. Other than that, I don't really pay them any attention. I figure eventually I'll get there.
Thank you ! I could tell how much it costs in LPs from the other thread, but I could not see if anyone thought it was helpful to speed up. I won't be using my precious LPs for this then :lol:
HFN= 22 Westside/starter house
Currently= Sunset mall Quest :D
updated to outdoors, but haven't started this quest yet :oops:
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Sweet~Tart wrote:
DelDel wrote:
Thank you ! I could tell how much it costs in LPs from the other thread, but I could not see if anyone thought it was helpful to speed up. I won't be using my precious LPs for this then :lol:
You're very welcome!
Zenamazurek38
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: help me: Unable to get Gold

Post by Zenamazurek38 »

I've been able to find gold planting potatoes & also sleeping. Also, looking at the globe. Hope that helps :)
DeadlyWTF2
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by DeadlyWTF2 »

Amy J wrote: 26 Jan 2014, 11:40 If I have time to sit with the game for a while, I have 10 sims on one lot planting bell peppers over and over. This usually yields quite a few resources including gold. I've never noticed one action generating specific resources though, it seems totally random. I think it's just if you repeat an action over and over sooner or later a resource will pop up. I always had most trouble getting magma embers then suddenly last week got 3 in a row.
I do the same thing as well :D
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: help me: Unable to get Gold

Post by SKatF »

Some people think that certain "related" tasks improve chances of certain resources. Gold for "earthy" things like planting or using toilet, or changing baby diaper. Fire for baking. Air for ghost hunting. Water for showering or diving. As examples that I recall reading. I never found it to be very helpful.

If I have time to grind repetitive tasks, I usially go for cooking to get $$ and LP, and let monument resources show up as they will.