help me: Unable to get Gold

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
creamyfrosty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

help me: Unable to get Gold

Post by creamyfrosty »

I'm having trouble with the mysterious gold quest not showing even one. I try all resources..can't complete upgrade richest level 1..anyone? help me >.<
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-01-26-10-51-44[1].jpg
Screenshot_2014-01-26-10-51-44[1].jpg (58.32 KiB) Viewed 31813 times
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: help me

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

creamyfrosty wrote:I'm having trouble with the mysterious gold quest not showing even one. I try all resources..can't complete upgrade richest level 1..anyone? help me >.<
I get gold from planting corn and potatoes. It's the hardest element to get for Terra. If I have 10 Sims plant corn or potatoes, I might get one gold when I harvest. Other people get gold from doing other things, but it seems to pop at least once a day for the two crops.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
creamyfrosty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by creamyfrosty »

i always plant crops, not showing even one.i have no patience for this.
Markeemark22
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Markeemark22 »

Unfortunately I can't help you. Perturbee has a SFP blog that talks about the various mysterious island resources and sadly the gold bar is one of those items that is hard to obtain. If I'm bored I usually spend LP but I've found they will drop when your least expecting it. Back when dove was sponsoring you could get resources but now dove isn't sponsoring SFP anymore.

My advice is to try gardening, cooking like the really long ones that take a day, read an encyclopedia, view a globe. Sadly the resources all drop randomly. Your best bet to find the gold bars are in the mystery boxes like in the X5 or x10 key ones.
GC: Markeemark22
HFN: #11 & #22 West Side
HH: Behind Swimming Center

When sending me a friends request either through FB or GC please make sure to put down SFP or the forum. Thank you.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

Someone suggested in another thread doing the 1 second wardrobe change multiple times and that works for me but there is no guarantee from moment to moment which of the resources it will give you.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote: I get gold from planting corn and potatoes. It's the hardest element to get for Terra. If I have 10 Sims plant corn or potatoes, I might get one gold when I harvest. Other people get gold from doing other things, but it seems to pop at least once a day for the two crops.
It is exactly the same for me. Gold is (in my game) the easiest ressource from the four rare ones to get. I earn one or two gold eveyday by planting corn and potatoes if i can't stay for corn.
I have NEVER spent a single LP on thé four monuments and the riches of terra reached Level 20 while the three ôther monuments are Level 16 or 17 (i don't remember exactly).
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Itisjustme
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Itisjustme »

hello i found it was quite random at times at one time i had two sims at the closet changing cloths but after a while my wrist started to hurt.but i found this on another site that might help
like riches of terra is ground/earth like gardending or look on the globe
the springs of fortune  its water so diving washing hands showering pool actions
the flames of wisdom is fire like baking 
the tempest of bliss its air so spraying the bathroom with freebreze which is no longer there so there for what is the substitute or catching ghost
ut like i said it is random all luck of the draw. Good luck
game center name metkased12
sims first name margaret
please mention site and u play
level 55 have many deers in 2 houses mult levels homes
all items u need are on the other side of the bridge good luck
Itisjustme
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Itisjustme »

like i said it is all random though but good luck
game center name metkased12
sims first name margaret
please mention site and u play
level 55 have many deers in 2 houses mult levels homes
all items u need are on the other side of the bridge good luck
Amy J
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amy J »

If I have time to sit with the game for a while, I have 10 sims on one lot planting bell peppers over and over. This usually yields quite a few resources including gold. I've never noticed one action generating specific resources though, it seems totally random. I think it's just if you repeat an action over and over sooner or later a resource will pop up. I always had most trouble getting magma embers then suddenly last week got 3 in a row.
creamyfrosty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by creamyfrosty »

Thanks guys.. :)