towns with Massive Value

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: towns with Massive Value

Post by animagif »

Alright. Thanks!
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

bloodcool wrote:
animagif wrote:Ah ... brilliant! Will give that a go.
On another note, I knew that as you level up, it takes longer and longer to er ... level up. However, I didn't know that as your tv goes up, it also affects your xp gain. Is this true?
No, I don't think that TV affects the XP...
Yes, it does :)
You get XPs for everything you buy. I saw them going up from my diver, when I changed a pool while he was diving.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

ErinPW wrote:
bloodcool wrote:
animagif wrote:Ah ... brilliant! Will give that a go.
On another note, I knew that as you level up, it takes longer and longer to er ... level up. However, I didn't know that as your tv goes up, it also affects your xp gain. Is this true?
No, I don't think that TV affects the XP...
You get XPs for everything you buy. I saw them going up from my diver, when I changed a pool while he was diving.
TV and XP gain are unrelated. My town with TV of § 11m does not gain XPs slower than my § 106m town. The XP gain is the same for everyone.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Perturbee wrote:
ErinPW wrote:
bloodcool wrote:[snip]

TV and XP gain are unrelated. My town with TV of § 11m does not gain XPs slower than my § 106m town. The XP gain is the same for everyone.
I re read the texts and found my reply wasn't correct to the question :oops: Sorry!

We get XPs when we pay simoleons for something. But it's only for this single action.
Attachments
image.jpg
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Delphine wrote:
animagif wrote:Rather than creating a new thread, I thought I'd ask here. Am I correct in assuming that the town value increases by 10% of the value of the items that you put in your houses?
I have a lot of empty lots. I was thinking of farming LPs to build the Sci-Fi Shuttle everywhere since they boost the town value the most. FYI, boosting the tv is ok for me since I'm one of the older players that get 0.5% of the town value in daily reward.
If you have money and you want to boost your Town value, on our French forum someone found a Quicker and easier way than the sci-fi houses (they take time to be built). Your build a giant swimming pool on a lot and you change the color of your pool again and again and again .... ;)
I just tried this on a small pool with the color that costs §3,000. It cost §48,000 and added §24,000 to the TV. It definitely works. However, if you don't have a high daily reward to begin with you will be going through your simoleons at a very high rate for a very poor exchange in TV.

If you don't have a high daily reward LPs seem to be easier to get. I have been building sci-fi houses and then taking the three days to accumulate enough LPs to buy it again until I have saved enough for the two story house (most my lots are built on so for me the two story house costs §9,500,000 but I think that's the cap. I started building on the island and it didn't get more expensive.) I also continue to work for LP while the two story house is being built just to get more. I have repeated this process for about 1 and 1/2 months. My TV went from §108,253,755 to §165,556,084.

Of course you can always do both. While waiting for the sci-fi house to be built you could change the pool color. Also, deleting pools adds to your TV. I haven't payed attention to how much is added. Along with adding to the TV you get a nice chunk of XP.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

I told you "if you have money ....." :D
And if you plan to use the swimming pool trick, you'd better build a giant one. The guys who do it on our forum have built giant pools that takes the whole lots place. But they receive a big daily reward to afford this. One of them runs a 2 000 000 000 Tv Town !!!! Can you imagine how much he gets everyday by mail ?...
BTW, he's in troubles bécause the Tv has néarly reached the maximum limit and now hé's trying to decrease the TV :lol:
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Delphine wrote: BTW, he's in troubles bécause the Tv has néarly reached the maximum limit and now hé's trying to decrease the TV :lol:
Why would that mean he has to decrease his TV?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

Bécause when you reach the maximum, the Town Value bécomes négative
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Delphine wrote:Can you imagine how much he gets everyday by mail ?...
Daily reward if game started before 01/01/2013: TV x 0.005 (= 0.5 %)

If started after that date: unknown, high and low TVs seem have no significant change on daily reward. Common is up to § 10k per day

Example: a game started in February currently TV at § 108 m earns § 8,262, a game started a little before that but TV only at § 11m gets § 7,267 as a Daily Reward. Both increasing by § 1 per day...
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Perturbee wrote:If started after that date: unknown, high and low TVs seem have no significant change on daily reward. Common is up to § 10k per day
I wonder... if everyone posts their exact town value and the daily reward they get, we might be able to extrapolate the formula for towns after that date??

I tried to work it out myself a while back but didn't get very far. I only know that it's not a simple equation such as y=mx+c, it seems to be more complicated than that (curve on a graph rather than a straight line). Plus, I suspect some degree of rounding is involved at some stage, making it harder to work things out "exactly".

The other day (when I last wrote it down), my town value was 4,325,987 and my daily reward was 5,962. It's gone up a bit since then, but I'll have to wait until tonight before I get my reward.