towns with Massive Value

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

towns with Massive Value

Post by Bixas »

So I am a (relative) newbie to the game. I have been playing for a short while (just a week before the social update)... Just finished building the last public building in my town, working on my Island (I am level 30, so only half the statues are in play). Total value for my city is 3 million.

I expect people to be ahead of me... However:

My question (and this really is a question, not a complaint) is how do people have towns worth upwards of 200 million?

Has the game been going on for that long? I can't seem to find a "history of Freeplay" anywhere to see for certain. Was there a patch in a previous version that allowed people to get town value in ways I can't today?

Just looking for some stories here.
Feel free to friend me (just send a note saying you are SFP friends) https://www.facebook.com/blaine.sundrud
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Re: towns with Massive Value

Post by nogard0 »

i think sfp has been up since mid/late 2011 though it may have been early 2012. quite a few can be above 200m there are even a few above 1billion top is almost 3b.
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

According to the Sims Wiki, the game was released in Dec 2011 for iOs and Feb 2012 for Android.
I have been playing since the Halloween update in October 2012. That was when they first started hobbies with Ghost Hunting.

Initially the rewards for a complete set of ghosts was 1 million in town value and having only 1 hobby with 10 ghost hunters meant a quick rise in town value. After a while they cut it down to half a million before finally decreasing it to 50,000. As I did a lot of ghost hunting my town value is over 300 million.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Now completing a set in hobbies only gives you 3LP. You can still increase your town value with hobbies though. Reaching level 5 in any hobby will increase your town value by 10,000 per sim. I have 19 sims just rotating between woodworking and ghost hunting.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
Arcadia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Arcadia »

Thanks for the information I was wondering the same thing. I have only been playing a few months also. Did they offer limited edition items also, I see items in houses that I can't find.
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

What sort of items are you referring to?
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Arcadia wrote:Thanks for the information I was wondering the same thing. I have only been playing a few months also. Did they offer limited edition items also, I see items in houses that I can't find.
Yes, there have been several!

The last unique item was the Ice Hockey net in Climate Control, Moving Up featured the "Alien Transporter" (if I'm not mistaken about the uniqueness), and many more before that.
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bixas »

ok, well that makes a lot more sense. I was trying to look at how I was raising money (fashion design, farming, employment...) and couldn't see how the money could come in 10x faster. But if the values were raised by a million simply by leveling hobbies, then that can easily explain the delta.

I also read somewhere that during Moving Up (which I missed by a few months) that you could get your second / third stories through a point system instead of just earning 1 million simoleans

and BTW: what is the keystroke for simoleans? I can make £ $ ¥ € ₣ and even Ω, but I can't find Simoleans anywhere... ;)
Feel free to friend me (just send a note saying you are SFP friends) https://www.facebook.com/blaine.sundrud
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Bixas wrote:I also read somewhere that during Moving Up (which I missed by a few months) that you could get your second / third stories through a point system instead of just earning 1 million simoleans
Yes, the first additional floor was 220 CC (construct-o-coins), I don't recall what the next one was. These coins could also be used to buy stairs, lifts and fire-poles. The fire-poles made a lot of players rich in §s through selling them after the event ended.
Bixas wrote:and BTW: what is the keystroke for simoleans? I can make £ $ ¥ € ₣ and even Ω, but I can't find Simoleans anywhere... ;)
Alt-21 on my numeric keyboard. :)
Bixas
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bixas »

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
AHA!!!

(I pull my unicode from InDesign and the section character looked so different there, that I couldn't match it up)
:D