Birthday vs. Grow up

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Birthday vs. Grow up

Post by Hufflepuff Karen » 29 Sep 2013, 21:02

I'm having so much fun with Molly, I want to keep her as a toddler for awhile. The next goal is to celebrate her birthday (Oliver's cake is almost done). I don't want to have her grow up yet, should I skip her birthday? The options are just to have birthday, cuddle, give food, play patty cake - I don't see grow up. Does grow up appear as an option later, or will having a birthday make her grow up too soon?
Attachments
image.jpg
Godzilla Molly has tea with her dolly
0 x
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48

Niney
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Birthday vs. Grow up

Post by Niney » 29 Sep 2013, 21:23

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I'm having so much fun with Molly, I want to keep her as a toddler for awhile. The next goal is to celebrate her birthday (Oliver's cake is almost done). I don't want to have her grow up yet, should I skip her birthday? The options are just to have birthday, cuddle, give food, play patty cake - I don't see grow up. Does grow up appear as an option later, or will having a birthday make her grow up too soon?
Having a birthday will make her a preteen.
0 x
GC ID: <Niney>
Facebook: Caroline.ross.161
HFN-3 West Oceanside

Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen » 30 Sep 2013, 01:09

Oh, I definitely don't want to do that yet! If I skip the goal, it won't make her grow up, right? I can have her birthday later. Or maybe I'll keep her little and let somebody else have a pre-teen. Or she could have a sibling that grows up when I get to where I can build another Sim. That would be weird, having the younger one grow up first :). Thanks very much!
0 x
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48

animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif » 30 Sep 2013, 03:10

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Oh, I definitely don't want to do that yet! If I skip the goal, it won't make her grow up, right? I can have her birthday later. Or maybe I'll keep her little and let somebody else have a pre-teen. Or she could have a sibling that grows up when I get to where I can build another Sim. That would be weird, having the younger one grow up first :). Thanks very much!
Correct. Skipping the goal will keep her as a toddler.
0 x
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.

katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames » 30 Sep 2013, 03:21

Hufflepuff Karen I have four babies I have not been willing to grow up yet -- meaning have their birthday. They may stay toddlers forever. But I needed a preteen for some goals, so I brought in Luis, from a previous marriage to live with his father. Actually, he mostly lives in the house across the street from them but I may fix that eventually. I just took him through the birthdays, rather quickly. He is very useful as a preteen and is growing on me. The biggest problem is, once a preteen, they are stuck. At present, they can't get any older. I would rather be stuck at the toddler stage. *nods* It's totally up to you. Sometimes I look at goals as suggestions.
0 x
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:

nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 » 30 Sep 2013, 09:39

preteens visited neverland and cant grow older for now. you have to visit neverland and get tinkebell to sprinkle aging dust on them. which may or may not work.
0 x
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2