Decoration ideas

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
RiverSong11
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Decoration ideas

Post by RiverSong11 »

So I been thinking that they should have a leg lamp from a Christmas Story for our sims for Christmas. That would be so cool. As a fan of that movie who grew up watching it every Christmas I would love for my sims to have one. I would also like more pictures to hang on the wall(non-haunted ones), area rugs would be nice too. Any other ideas?
Spoilers!
GC: MadAlice85
Haunted Hotel at 3 East Side
Reindeer Farm at 2 East Side
POLICE UPDATE

Amy J
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Decoration ideas

Post by Amy J »

I would definitely like more pictures for the walls, and photos in frames that could go on the top of a bedside table or drawer unit. Also would love rugs, curtains, cushions, bath mats, mirrors, wall clocks & alarm clocks, shelving for things like ornaments, hobby trophies & photos, an indoor bar and foot stools for the lounge. :D

Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

RiverSong11 wrote:So I been thinking that they should have a leg lamp from a Christmas Story for our sims for Christmas. That would be so cool. As a fan of that movie who grew up watching it every Christmas I would love for my sims to have one.
I am not sure that you can see something like this one day because the game is played everywhere in the world and I think most of the players have never heard of this film. I guess it is only popular in the USA ?
Hoping for area rugs is a great idea :P
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)

RiverSong11
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RiverSong11 »

Delphine wrote:
RiverSong11 wrote:So I been thinking that they should have a leg lamp from a Christmas Story for our sims for Christmas. That would be so cool. As a fan of that movie who grew up watching it every Christmas I would love for my sims to have one.
I am not sure that you can see something like this one day because the game is played everywhere in the world and I think most of the players have never heard of this film. I guess it is only popular in the USA ?
I can still dream though *sigh*
Spoilers!
POLICE UPDATE

RiverSong11
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RiverSong11 »

Amy J wrote:I would definitely like more pictures for the walls, and photos in frames that could go on the top of a bedside table or drawer unit. Also would love rugs, curtains, cushions, bath mats, mirrors, wall clocks & alarm clocks, shelving for things like ornaments, hobby trophies & photos, an indoor bar and foot stools for the lounge. :D
Pictures for night stands and dressers is a great idea! And the alarm clocks too!! Shelving would definitely be nice:)
Spoilers!
POLICE UPDATE

JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Delphine wrote:
Yes it's quite popular in the US and Canada, that much I know lol. Although it would be neat to have one, I think there could be a copyright infringement on it if they used it. If you search up Leg Lamp + A christmas Story you'll see what it is. It's become iconic for a lot of people. You can buy the Leg Lamp from their official store even. We bought a friend a Leg Lamp ornament one year too :)

As for other decorations, more pictures would be great and like someone said small pictures to put on tables too. Alarm clocks. I would like more knickknacks lol. Regular candles.

Thereexistsonex
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thereexistsonex »

Amy J wrote:I would definitely like more pictures for the walls, and photos in frames that could go on the top of a bedside table or drawer unit. Also would love rugs, curtains, cushions, bath mats, mirrors, wall clocks & alarm clocks, shelving for things like ornaments, hobby trophies & photos, an indoor bar and foot stools for the lounge. :D
Frames would be nice :D and especially if we can customize the photos! I'd love to take a screenshot of a couple and then put it in a frame on their bedside table :lol: :lol:

JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Thereexistsonex wrote:
Frames would be nice :D and especially if we can customize the photos! I'd love to take a screenshot of a couple and then put it in a frame on their bedside table :lol: :lol:
Haha that would be cool!

Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

JKCher wrote:
Delphine wrote:
Yes it's quite popular in the US and Canada, that much I know lol. Although it would be neat to have one, I think there could be a copyright infringement on it if they used it. If you search up Leg Lamp + A christmas Story you'll see what it is. It's become iconic for a lot of people. You can buy the Leg Lamp from their official store even. We bought a friend a Leg Lamp ornament one year too :)

As for other decorations, more pictures would be great and like someone said small pictures to put on tables too. Alarm clocks. I would like more knickknacks lol. Regular candles.
We love A Christmas Story! I gave my son the small version of the leg lamp for Christmas and he keeps it on his bar in his man cave all year round. We each have leg lamp ornaments and I have Ralphie in the pink bunny suit. That would be neat if they would strike a promo deal like they did with Dove and get leg lamps for Christmas and give our pre-teens the bunny suit with a "be totally humiliated" task :) Maybe do a quest and we could get the leg lamp and a flag pole (option for double dog dares) and the bunny suit and the Red Ryder BB gun (although I don't know if they would want a gun, even an air rifle, in the game - maybe they could make it a nerf gun that shoots squishy balls).
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48

JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Ohhhhh a promotional thing would be awesome! I love your ideas. I would like to get a leg lamp one day :D