Accidently aged my sim! What to do now?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ErinPW

Re: Accidently aged my sim! What to do now?

Post by ErinPW »

KissieK wrote:I've read other posts when the update first came out about this happening to lots of people. I just updated my game 2 days ago, and I've pressed 'have birthday' about 7 or 8 times since I updated, but luckily I'm not far enough in the quest to do that yet and I don't have any extra birthday cakes baked. But I realized what was happening, when I tried to press on the fashion design, for ex. I would press on the sim instead, so it would pop up 'have birthday' and out of habit I clicked on it. But something has changed since the update, it's just too easy to press the sim now, and it wasn't before.
Before the update I often had to tap 2 or 3 times, to match the item instead of the sim. But it didn't matter, because there was no option to accidently tap. I just zoomed in or turned the screen a bit. It seems to happen more often now.

hiser1974 put in a request at the firemonkey's site:
(Confirmation-dialog-for-have-birthday-)
https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/hc/comm ... -birthday-
If you want to vote, tap the tiny ^ between the number and the avatar :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

animagif wrote:And don't worry about the cake, you can use the stairs glitch to bake it again quickly.
Since I don't have stairs yet, I'm wondering can you bake a cake at a neighbors? If not, third question, if I bake a cake in the wrong house do I have to move the family there to use it or how will that work? Thank you!
Last edited by mommacude on 22 Feb 2014, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

mommacude wrote:
animagif wrote:And don't worry about the cake, you can use the stairs glitch to bake it again quickly.
Can you explain this glitch?

Also since I don't have stairs yet, I'm wondering can you bake a cake at a neighbors? If not, third question, if I bake a cake in the wrong house do I have to move the family there to use it or how will that work? Thank you!
As I understand it, you can bake a cake anywhere you like where there is an available stove. Doesn't have to be an expensive stove either. You can then use that cake anywhere to your choosing. Beware, though, once you pop that pretty little cake bubble, your cake goes into some ethereal netherworld inventory and is able to be utilized at the tap of a finger to errantly Age up the very person you most wish to remain the same. There's also no way to track how many otherworld inventoried cakes there might be if you were to, say, bake a bunch in a toddler glitch frenzy and lose track. :o What some simmers do is to bake those cakes in an unoccupied, rarely used house and just leave them simmering above the stove, bubble only to be popped prior to need.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Akmawmaw wrote:
mommacude wrote:

Also since I don't have stairs yet, I'm wondering can you bake a cake at a neighbors? If not, third question, if I bake a cake in the wrong house do I have to move the family there to use it or how will that work? Thank you!
As I understand it, you can bake a cake anywhere you like where there is an available stove. Doesn't have to be an expensive stove either. You can then use that cake anywhere to your choosing. Beware, though, once you pop that pretty little cake bubble, your cake goes into some ethereal netherworld inventory and is able to be utilized at the tap of a finger to errantly Age up the very person you most wish to remain the same. There's also no way to track how many otherworld inventoried cakes there might be if you were to, say, bake a bunch in a toddler glitch frenzy and lose track. :o What some simmers do is to bake those cakes in an unoccupied, rarely used house and just leave them simmering above the stove, bubble only to be popped prior to need.

Oh woe that's a great idea!! I've always wanted to kick myself for starting the cake only as needed then having to wait a day. I'm guessing the Sim can walk away and leave the cake bubble right?

Thank you!
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

mommacude wrote:
mommacude wrote:

Oh woe that's a great idea!! I've always wanted to kick myself for starting the cake only as needed then having to wait a day. I'm guessing the Sim can walk away and leave the cake bubble right?

Thank you![/quote]
Yes, just leave the bubble hovering. You can line up a bunch of stoves and bake other items that are needed for goals and leave them there until the goal comes up (like caramel slice) then go pop the bubble. Voila! Goal complete! Also, the stairs glitch has a thread on here somewhere. You can do a search. For When you get stairs, if it's still working then. Basically have a sim come walking down the stairs to bake the cake and tap on the sim and complete the baking for 1 LP, instead of the 1 day. Plus the cost of the cake of course. Not sure it's even still working.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Thank you! I found it just after I asked. (((Blush)))