Darn it! I did a "move in" by mistake!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Darn it! I did a "move in" by mistake!

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Is there a way to fix it? I was trying to get Katie to bro hug Oliver and I hit ask to move in instead! I don't want him to move in and it changed his name and everything! If I pay to move him back to his own house will he get his own name back? I tried having her be rude to him so he would move out, but it's not working. I don't want to download my morning save because I got a whole bunch of resources this afternoon and I'll lose everything.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Niney
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Darn it! I did a "move in" by mistake!

Post by Niney »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Is there a way to fix it? I was trying to get Katie to bro hug Oliver and I hit ask to move in instead! I don't want him to move in and it changed his name and everything! If I pay to move him back to his own house will he get his own name back? I tried having her be rude to him so he would move out, but it's not working. I don't want to download my morning save because I got a whole bunch of resources this afternoon and I'll lose everything.
:(
There is not a way to change the name back at this time. I would hope that this is going to be a fix eventually. I have moved sims out to their own homes and they have taken last name with them.
GC ID: <Niney>
Facebook: Caroline.ross.161
HFN-3 West Oceanside
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Thanks, Niney. I paid to move him back. Guess he'll have to be a cousin or something. I need to make a girl Sim with his old last name, move him in with her to get it back and then delete her, i guess. Or make her his sister or something. Weird that a guy took the girl's last name just because they became room mates.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

This name thing is a bit of a major hassle.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Tigiana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Tigiana »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:I need to make a girl Sim with his old last name, move him in with her to get it back and then delete her, i guess.
This is what I did when I accidentally moved two sims in. I was new to the game, had my very first "good friends" and wanted to see what would happen if I tap "ask to move in". Suddenly, the introverted geeky scientist sim Emma found her loud, extroverted friend James bringing his guitar with him, occupying her couch and refusing to go. Even though she was furious and kept complaining to James about it, he wouldn't go away. He had no money (didn't have the 5000 simoleons for a move) so his cousin from another town rescued him: a sim with James's original last name moved into his original house, they became good friends, I moved James in, and the cousin went away.

Back when 5000 used to be a big money, this used to be my preferred method of moving sims. Yeah, a bit tedious maybe, but it let me save 5000 and earn some XP while getting the task done.

Oddly though, when James had finally moved out, Emma realized she was actually missing him! He ended up moving back in. They became best friends and they were roommates for a looong time. Even when James started dating, his new girlfriend moved in with them! Right now, when Simville has grown a little, the three of them have their own houses... but it was funny how an accident became an important part of the game! :mrgreen: Just as in real life, not everything can be planned...
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

~ Ron Wild ~