Are you losing interest?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Are you losing interest?

Post by boysnberry11 »

I've decreased the frequency I've visited the forum-- not on purpose. I notice less postings and new topics each day. Less people are posting.

Are players losing interest in the game? Maybe I'm imagining it. I've lost some interest. I still play maybe once or twice a week now. I let my sims idle. When I come back, they're in horrid condition. I clean them up, but then forget about them the next day. Lol
GC: boysnberry11
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Are you losing interest?

Post by HordePrime »

Yes, to be honest I am losing interest... But that's not necessarily a problem with the game, I always knew it had an interest threshold, and I crossed it a few weeks back.

Specifically, I'm now on level 51 so I've got pretty much all the sims I could ever need and almost all items are now unlocked. I'll have reached the highest level in a few more weeks and then I suspect my interest will almost completely disappear.

In addition, I've got all the simoleans, LP and SP I really need. Everything in the town is built. I've done up my 3-story house the way I like it, I've also done several other houses - they're not quite perfect, but I lack the enthusiasm necessary to re-design them. I've done all the new quests, and I've gone round all the cycles of goals several times now.

In short, I've essentially "completed" the game. Obviously it's the sort of thing you can never literally "complete", but it no-longer has the same fun factor for me that it used to do. There's no challenge anymore... the only real thing at the moment is to try and get my Quilting Granny up to the highest level, but waiting 8 hours each time is just boring.
Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

I agree.
I don't understand why, for feeding birds and quilting, they put 4 or 8 hour actions.....
It would have been funnier with shorter actions.... :(
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I am also losing interest. In fact, I've found myself game hunting, even if it means paying real money for a game that won't last as long. I'm on level 50 now and couldn't really care less about getting any higher. I had been in a hurry to reach the higher levels to unlock the beautiful garden fences, but when I got there and saw how expensive they were, it crushed my work spirit. And everything being so expensive now makes me not want to bother. :?

So now my sims no longer strive for ultimate XP. With the latest change in the hobbies, I don't do them either unless I have a goal. Well, to be honest, I've been so bored with the game, that even though I said I wouldn't do the senior hobbies, since I need a 3-4 hour task for my ancient one, I send him to the park birds. But I think of it like a task, rather than a hobby. If I get the same bird over and over, it's ok. He just likes having something to do, poor unfashionable fellow.

For the first time in months my sims actually go to work and school because I can't be bothered with figuring out what to do with them during the day. Just before bed my sims are given 12-16 hour reading assignments on how to be autonomous. :roll: There is no more rush to open the game in the morning. In fact, several days this past week, aside from the quest, I didn't really play the game until well into the evening (and a couple of times, it was just to put them on another really long task).

Since the newest update is only a week (or three) away, maybe I will just hibernate them until then.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
MonkeyHandsLuke
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MonkeyHandsLuke »

Not gonna lie, sorta put the game on the backburner in favour of The Simpsons Tapped Out. It's really quite funny, and love the little storylines. Now don't get me wrong, still enjoy The Sims FreePlay, just think FireMonkeys have dropped the ball a bit with it...
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

For me the game is also not that addictive as it was in the beginning, about a year ago. I still play once or twice a day mainly by keeping sims inspired and initiating XP generating tasks, want to get to level 53 just because it is there :) (almost 50 now). But not much interest left in doing other tasks, new hobbies are boooring, I use quilting only because it gets more XP than movie marathon. The rewards for quests and hobbies completion are not that great, I don't need another teddy bear or another chair, even if it is prettier than old. New items with new action would be better, something new to do and faster that in 24 hours. Maybe playing the same game for a year is too long and it is impossible to hold interest. But as I recall year ago the game was easier to get involved with and more interesting to play, there was sufficient time to complete the quests without any pressure and rewards were not just another chair but new lots, new houses, new interesting items like weather machine.

Don't know what I will do when finally reaching 53, probably also hibernating them all and waking up for updates.
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Have been losing interest since I hit max level but the last update really killed it. Finished all the quests but very disappointed with the seniors (how they look and act) and not even bothering with the quilting hobby. My signature says it best!

Hope the next update will be more interesting without ridiculous long tasks :p
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

They've lost. Us.
Almira
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Almira »

I just hit level 47 with 30 Sims so I can finally relax and enjoy my sims! I make almost$100,000 a day, so no need to work or earn$- now I can just build houses - make new families and enjoy my sims without any goals or any rush to "get" some prize. I just wanted to have the total number of sims... And I'm pretty much there. I timed out before getting the bird or quilting prize- so what, I just don't care.

When I first played the sims on the computer - many years ago, all I ever did was get $ cheats and build houses!!! I would dl wallpaper and items- had the most beautiful houses, I moved a family in, but never played the game. Just went on to build another house- my ultimate prize- one day I got up from my computer- walked into my kitchen and took the counter tops off, ripped up the floor and remodeled my kitchen, then I remodeled 3 bathrooms and built a studio apartment in my walkout basement with a jacuzzi bath and stained glass door!

I moved to a new house and figure I'll get inspired to remodel again after I build Sims houses for awhile... That's my story. I've enjoyed reading all your posts, great stories!!
Not updating -ever-
GC Woolie girl
HFN - building it now
GHunting- labeled H
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

ive only been playing for about a month and a half and im already losing interest. after I found this forum I realized there were so many things that ive missed, ive gotten discouraged. not to mention the fact that simoleons are so hard to earn. I mean, honestly, with the most profitable crops taking half the day to plant, how am I ever going to afford a set of stairs, a second floor, or even a small pool. its really frustrating. I don't send anyone in my town to work or school cus ill make way more just planting corn on a day im just sitting at home doing nothing.

The riches of terra has potential to be helpful but of course the resources are impossible to get due to the fact that they want us to spend money on their ridiculously overpriced currency packs.

its really not fair to new players, especially those of us who have always enjoyed the sims. a bit of a letdown, really.

of course I understand that many veteran players have the old daily reward, and I wouldn't say that it should be taken away cus obviously everyone has spent a lot of time on their towns, but I wish it was balanced more evenly for new players. at 5mil, my DR is only $6,000, going up just by a few dollars every couple days. I mean, a coffee maker costs almost that much!

end rant. its a bit of a bummer, and while I thought about making IAPs, I ultimately decided against it because spending $20 actual money doesn't even provide enough simoleons for me to change my pool pavement.

a bit jealous of everyone who got to enjoy this game for a long time as it has a lot of potential. but instead of enjoying it, my sims don't even go home ever to enjoy the houses I built for them, theyre all at an empty lot planting 24/7.

sheesh :/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)