Life Dreams Update!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Life Dreams Update!

Post by Akmawmaw »

Delphine wrote:You should have put a sim on the auction podium claiming "YOU WILL ALL DIIIIIE !!!!!!!" :lol: :lol:
I should have. Rather be mourning EA then any of my Sims. This is WRONG! My Sims will all be wearing black (except the ones wearing outfits that EA stole from them.) they will probably all hibernate in coffins since apparently that's where EA thinks they should be.

Thereexistsonex
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thereexistsonex »

I'd love to have my sims hanging out at the beach and the arcade, but only if those locations can be unlocked without too much effort. :roll: If we need to kill a senior(or even several seniors) in order to unlock them, I'd rather not have the beach or the arcade.
And can we avoid aging sims by not letting them do a certain action? It takes such a long time to reach lv6 in a hobby and aging a sim just makes it seem like a waste of effort.

Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

The game developers are insane. Who are they? 16 year old nerds who know nothing about real life and wait for their grant parents to pass away that they can inherit? There is nothing positive about death, I can assure you. My dad is battling cancer since a few months and I don’t care what I may inherit or not – I just want him to life. Tats a horrible message they are conveying now.

As a lot of you already pointed out the game is a way to escape rl for a while, to create my little ideal world. I play with my favorite characters from tv/movie/books. I don’t want to kill a single one of them. Some are killed by the authors, other shows are cancelled – the game is my way to continue their storylines. I play since July 2012 – I’m attached to them.

If they want to give the game a new direction they should release SFP2 but let the old one the way it is. I don’t need an update any few weeks. I’m quite content with the game how it is right now. Adding a new level from time to time and some quests to unlock special items like the Christmas and New Year quest would be more than enough to keep me from getting bored.

I can’t help myself but I wonder more and more if any new update is a punishment for us taking advantage of the glitches. First we gain extra lp and suddenly the quest can’t be finished in time without spending them. We create more sims with the baby glitch and suddenly we are forced to kill them (or to spend even more lp).

I’m so fed up right now I considering quitting the game right away. I hoep fm for ocne bother to listen to list customers. But I have my doubt they will.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London

blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

Minima wrote:I quote here from the blurb....

'Players will actually want some of their Sims to grow old and die in order to unlock the recreational areas and their features. It's just like wishing for an inheritance in real life.'

There is something seriously wrong with this way of thinking.

If this proves compulsory, I'm out.
Wow. So this is who FM and EA employees are: spoiled children of well-to-do parents. They are waiting for their parents to die so they can inherit the previous generation's money. And, they think this approach to life is so good they put it in a game! They don't even understand that this character trait should be a source of shame. This is precisely the attitude wealthy parents fear in their offspring and see as failure when raising their children. Wow.

Maybe if we don't update we can still visit our neighbors who don't update?

Or, they need to pull this update and hire some writers with heart, integrity, and true human ambition - ie people who don't depend on their parents money in order to create their own lives as grown ups.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP

Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

blackbrit wrote:
Minima wrote:I quote here from the blurb....

'Players will actually want some of their Sims to grow old and die in order to unlock the recreational areas and their features. It's just like wishing for an inheritance in real life.'

There is something seriously wrong with this way of thinking.

If this proves compulsory, I'm out.
Wow. So this is who FM and EA employees are: spoiled children of well-to-do parents. They are waiting for their parents to die so they can inherit the previous generation's money. And, they think this approach to life is so good they put it in a game! They don't even understand that this character trait should be a source of shame. This is precisely the attitude wealthy parents fear in their offspring and see as failure when raising their children. Wow.

Maybe if we don't update we can still visit our neighbors who don't update?

Or, they need to pull this update and hire some writers with heart, integrity, and true human ambition - ie people who don't depend on their parents money in order to create their own lives as grown ups.
Just wanted to point out that the blurb was from an article by a writer from android central and not put out by EA/FM. Having said that, like all of you, I am definitely put off by the thought of having to kill off our Sims to further advance in the game. Dunno what they were smoking when they came up with this idea! :lol:
I have a feeling my Sim break might just become permanent :(
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)

Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Thanks, Palmjill, for clarifying that the quote was an interpretation. I hadn't differentiated.

The verbatim quote from the video is 'the most important part of death is the legacy left behind' and 'the legacy is a life orb '.

The use of this life orb.....'to build fantastic community lots'.

They call it energy...but if it proves to be purchasable... It's currency in my book.

If they add to the mix the fact that we need to pay to prolong our Sims' active lives and the alternative to inevitable death is a form of hibernation, I really struggle to see where this is going as a 'game'.

Lenny, I am sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through. I know others will join me with a virtual hug sent your way.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.

animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Lenny wrote:I can’t help myself but I wonder more and more if any new update is a punishment for us taking advantage of the glitches. First we gain extra lp and suddenly the quest can’t be finished in time without spending them. We create more sims with the baby glitch and suddenly we are forced to kill them (or to spend even more lp).
Well said. I think that is exactly what they are doing. Kill off all the extra sims we made while patching the glitch so we can't make new ones. Dear EA/Firemonkeys/whoever, the glitches was your mistake. By all means patch it out of the game but punishing your players for exploiting it is just despicable.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.

SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I couldn't sleep. I visited their Facebook site.
1) EA says that the content is designed for us players who have played a long time and need more, so we don't get bored.
2) EA says that it will take several orbs to be passed down before a lot is obtained. It is expected to take a long time, like the monuments.
3) This aging process is part of the way the paid SIMs works, and I think this is supposed to be a reflection of that.
4) There is an unbelievable number of young players who are super excited about death coming to SFP. They far outnumber the cries of us long time players on there begging not to kill off our sims.

But I also believe we still have a voice. We may be a small percentage, but it the new content is aimed at us, then we need to speak up. They did hear us before about the clothing. They heard us about the senior quests. They may be reading our forum and the losing interest posts. They may have seen and misunderstood our words about wanting to get rid of seniors. Perhaps there is still a way to get their attention and make them understand why they are about to lose a lot of committed players.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)

Debbilu_7
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I think this update was probably a long time in the making?? If so, I doubt that it is a direct retaliation to recent glitches....
I must say, any residual guilt for taking advantage of those glitches is now gone!
I will be visiting a lot of reindeer farms and my sims will be grinding away at their hobbies for the next week to gather LPs like their lives (literally) depend on it!
Added: I find the excited responses on FB a bit disturbing...
Updated town info in profile

telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I agree with Lenny. This shouldn't be a new update. It should be a new game. I could see playing this as a new version of the game, but I do not want to lose my characters I currently have in this game. I have some in hairdos and outfits that are no longer available. I do not think of all my current Sims as sporty or geeky. I do not want another currency added to the game, or another long term goal like the monuments to work toward. I don't want to have to redecorate my homes because of automatic aging.

I have seen people request death quite often, so it may be we truly are the minority. I am happy for them, but sad that death wasn't made an option like any other life stage. Instead of life orbs, we could have gotten life points (which are available in other ways) when a Sim dies. Why another currency? Also if we have to meet life goals in order to get these orbs, will we get them if our current seniors die? They haven't had much time to meet life goals. Will they have time to finish their hobbies? Is birdwatching a sporty hobby or a geeky one? What about quilting?
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.