Life Dreams Update!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Life Dreams Update!

Post by HordePrime »

scarletbegonias wrote:well I did it. im updated :?
You were right, everyone got automatic cupcakes :P !
If you never visit them, they will stay inspired!
That's how it was for me anyway - their needs only start to drain if you visit their location.
Wolf28
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Wolf28 »

Wow this is so informative. I read this trying to figure out what's the deal with orbs, what are they and what is orb crushing? (BTW if anyone could help me out with that I would appreciate it! :) ) anyway I am a new player and realized it was hard to keep up in the game without spending real money. I have spent real money and that's fine, but not always able to do so and recently had decided I wasn't going to do that anymore because it shouldn't be like that. They shouldn't force you to pay, to play a game you enjoy, that's called FREE play. Otherwise just ask people to buy the game upfront and then the game can pay you with Sim cash or whatever. I just didn't realize how much the game had changed from before I started playing. I really like the game and I will continue to play until I'm tired of it but the information here well. It's just very disappointing and I can see how once people realize all of this they would loose players. But to a big company maybe that just doesn't matter. It's unfortunate that so much comes down to the money when it should be about the joy of things. I understand there's a balance there but I really disagree with the way the company has handled these updates and I hope they will take customer feedback. Optimistic, naive, idk. Anyway very informative post.
GC: Twofish2006
HFN: House above the Starter House (aka #11 West Side)
Magic House w Dragon, pool toy, and pool floaty chairs: 1st house on the island (aka #1 Terra Drive)
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Dont worry overmuch if you read a lot of negative reaction to the whole orbs thing. When they were first introduced it was really badly thought out. You weren't able to choose the life dream and frequently couldn't complete the dream to get an orb. It took an eternity to earn through from bronze to platinum. Further updates have improved so you can choose dreams to suit the way you like to play. If you don't want the expense of creating babies you can just create a new sim and they will earn all the percentages to the orb from baby through to adult phase.
I never spend real money but I've managed to earn enough platinum orbs to save my favourite Sims and now because I have those ones going to work, gardening, hobbying etc I seem to be able to earn plenty of simoleons and LP. I keep well below the total sim limit because then I have spare places to bring in temporary sims to continue orbing to open up town areas I still haven't unlocked, or to do new quests.
Wolf28
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Wolf28 »

That's a good idea. Thanks MimLady. I will try the way you suggest. I'm not to that point yet, at level 35 and quest for adulthood. But it's good to know what to expect and some experienced feedback on the best ways to handle problems.
GC: Twofish2006
HFN: House above the Starter House (aka #11 West Side)
Magic House w Dragon, pool toy, and pool floaty chairs: 1st house on the island (aka #1 Terra Drive)
kktruecrime
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kktruecrime »

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. ..Have android users been given the option to update yet? I play on a new Samsung tablet and use Google Play but I have not been given the option yet.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

kktruecrime wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. ..Have android users been given the option to update yet? I play on a new Samsung tablet and use Google Play but I have not been given the option yet.
There isn't a new update yet. This is a thread about an update that occurred over a year ago. So you aren't missing anything! :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
kktruecrime
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kktruecrime »

mockingbird288z wrote:
kktruecrime wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. ..Have android users been given the option to update yet? I play on a new Samsung tablet and use Google Play but I have not been given the option yet.
There isn't a new update yet. This is a thread about an update that occurred over a year ago. So you aren't missing anything! :)
Lol thanks...being that I'm on the last level, you would think I would have realized that. ..lol
:oops: