And if we don't update...?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

And if we don't update...?

Post by Minima »

What happens if we blithely ignore the new changes? if the automatic update is turned off on an iPad, can an update to a game still be forced through eventually?

Apologies for being a techno klutz. I've got the notification to the update to my App and am studiously ignoring it. I'm still trying to preserve my little world as I know it.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: And if we don't update...?

Post by Minima »

Checked with one of my sons and he thinks my game is safe as it stands.

So I shall hopefully continue to play on pre-update terms, which is fine for me as my Sims can LIVE without the perks on offer in this update. There is far too much sadness and distress involved.

I'll bring the bulk of my Sims out of hibernation again after the weekend. In the meantime, during today, the couple I am playing with have managed to complete a couple of grids to pick up LPs; the massed pets continue to yield LPs; I'm completing the remodel of the castle for my actor/director Sim to move into after his success at the Oscars. I seem to be able to access the main store ( not that I ever intend to spend on this game again) and I can always drop into the standard neighbourhood town for a restricted number of SPs if needed.

Maybe EA will come to their senses, maybe not. Maybe they are hoping to divert players to Sims 4 in October, if so, poor PR which is likely to stick, folks, and a lack of foresight as the direction is towards mobile gaming.

I'll keep this going as long as I can and I intend to put a couple of £s into a jar for every week I'm NOT paying EA for my Sims to stay alive. With this accumulated nest egg, I shall take my iPad to the beach, carefully place it so that all my Sims can appreciate the fresh air and beautiful ambiance, place some pretty shells around the edge and be perfectly content. 8-)
J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane »

Minima wrote:What happens if we blithely ignore the new changes? if the automatic update is turned off on an iPad, can an update to a game still be forced through eventually?

Apologies for being a techno klutz. I've got the notification to the update to my App and am studiously ignoring it. I'm still trying to preserve my little world as I know it.
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm not going to update for a while. I'll see how it goes ... :?
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Minima wrote:I'll keep this going as long as I can and I intend to put a couple of £s into a jar for every week I'm NOT paying EA for my Sims to stay alive. With this accumulated nest egg, I shall take my iPad to the beach, carefully place it so that all my Sims can appreciate the fresh air and beautiful ambiance, place some pretty shells around the edge and be perfectly content. 8-)
I love this idea! 8-) :D
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Thank you both. I truly hope I can keep my current game as long as possible. The update is definitely not for me unless EA totally restructure the way they have decided to take the game.
babhiemiao29
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by babhiemiao29 »

I have stopped playing sfp and refuse to open it yet. I'll be reading around here to see the pro's and con's altogether in a week.

I'm just sad that I left my sims doing something :(

Kindly excuse my zombie dahlings guys. *heartbreaks*

TV: 11,307,969
HFN, cat paradise, pet central : In-progress
Reindeer park: #3 East Side beside the Real State Company
HH: #21 West side just beside the starter house

I HAVE NOT UPDATED~!!
Luckystar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Luckystar »

I'm playing on IPad an will not be updating, unless at some point I am forced to. I have read the posts where members have updated and don't like the sound of the gameplay anymore. It seems to totally change the whole concept and I don't really see why keep letting sims die and then creating new ones would be a good thing, I like ALL my sims and their little families.
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

I fear that they may make the update mandatory sooner or later. Or they could make a different update in the future but doesn't allow you to complete it unless you complete the simpocalypse first.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

I'm sure you are right and 'Don't Fear the Reaper' will sit there blocking the way to any future play and I can't see EA changing tack.

Nothing I've read from any of the very experienced gamers here has made the update sound particularly attractive or in line with my personal idea of creativity or fun.

So, as I'm definitely not updating, I've brought all my guys out of hibernation and we are having a party. I have no pressing need to save surplus SPs and LPs for a rainy day and have therefore invested in luxury items all round. Some have even taken a day off work after being zealously sent out to harvest $ for the past 16 months. They may even have a day off tomorrow too!

Sure, I might log in and find it may all have gone in the near future but, in the meantime, my Sims and I are going to maximise our game enjoyment exactly as I planned when I started out.

Every additional day is a blessing and now I feel that I am truly playing for free. No pressure to find lps to complete quests on time to EA's time frame for feeble rewards and I can hobby if I choose. And the bonus is? The real life money is staying in MY pocket not going into theirs.

(Well, They 're surely going to pull the plug on my game now!) ;)
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Cautionary note: For folks who haven't updated yet...

An hour ago, Someone posted on fb that their game automatically updated after they clicked on the survey notice and completed the survey. The post didn't say what kind of device they were using.

After I ignored the 'update now' notices a couple of times, the survey notice is now the one that appears each time I log in. I've completed them in the past but have resisted since the update went 'live' (bit of a misnomer).

I'm unsure how much credence to attach to this , or even if it is technically possible to force an update this way, but I intend to err on the side of caution.