Am I the only one????

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Baltimore21224
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Am I the only one????

Post by Baltimore21224 »

I no more hear "SU SU" and in times when there is nothing to do but relax my IPAd just stares at me.... I go in fear full to play ( yet the green bar still fills in slowly). They walk around aimlessly and I give in and clean them up. Then leave them to again walk around lost.

Then I find an empty lot and build a home, fix it just right yet don't add a sim ( I can't till level 49 and won't play so no new sims will be moving in).

To add to my temporary depressed state... I build a mortuary, then a church and call all the kiddos over to do what??? Walk around and do nothing because if I have them interact in children's church they will age..... However in my mind I think of fun church activities I set up and after church cook outs that they will not attend.

Who is a toddler for only 5 days??? Why do their parents become elderly before they are even teens??? Sure they gave us a beach and an arcade but who will take them...the foster care workers in sims town? Why is there some sick need for me to feel as if I need to build a children's home??? If I let mom and dad die, their child is left homeless.

I made homes with beds for kids I wanted to keep...well.....KIDS. Im playing someone else's game, never in a million years would I think or dream of building such sad places.....

I was ok with the update, disappointed then seething irate...now just blah....

I asked for more sims, more places in town, more things for kids to do with each other and I got what I asked for.....now I wish I just had the old game back...

Long rant..so sorry..... I'll lurk the pages and read the posts, but I'm officially done. What good is building homes for sims who won't live to use it?

If by some miracle EA has a change of heart....please let me know :|
Game Center: Baltimore21224

My new game is pre life dreams. I'll play this way until auto age in disabled.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Am I the only one????

Post by SIMazing »

I feel for you Baltimore! (((HUGS))) :cry:

I cried deeply for my own sims. Praying now for indeed some kind of miracle. I have no plans to stop fighting EA on this one. My belief is that my Lord fought hard to save me, so I am going to do the same for my little people. Been on different sites all day for the past several days spreading the word: news sites, game review sites, EA management, Facebook, Twitter (#nodeadsims), iTunes & App Store (to mark negative reviews of this update as helpful, and generic 'I Iove it' ones as not helpful), and so on and so on. I struggle over this update daily between pain, compromise, anger, and depression. And I'm not a person that is easily depressed. Upset sometimes, frustrated or flustered sometimes, easy to forgive and forget, and rarely sad. So this really irks me.
When then I see other people hurting too, something rises up in me... and I'm like an angry little June bug, digging my little claws in one's hair, and I won't let go until someone makes me! :x

Baltimore, I hope to see you, and the many others who quit, back here in the near future.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

Baltimore. You are indeed not the only one. And in very good company. We are, most of us, in mourning for a game that once was special to us and one that has been not only wrenched from our grasping hands, but simultaneously turned into a farcical mockery of all that we held dear.
Firrewhisper
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Firrewhisper »

I'm sad too but mad and kind of resigned at this point. I guess I am evolving thru the stages of grief. I remind myself it's a game which was so casual for me but I grew to care about my Sims and their lives. I always kept them clean and looked after their needs. I guess that is why the thought of death or stagnation is so disagreeable to me.

Have you noticed that in the SFP review at the app store, they state "The CRITICS LOVE IT!" ?
I looked up the reviews and found the 5 star review is from an article By Jim Squires | Feb 1, 2012.
The critic review from God is a Geek was written By Martin Baker on 2nd January 2012, again when SFP was our beloved game.

I wonder what their reviews would be now.
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

My heart goes out to all of you. I'm appalled by the whole thing.

Sadly, I see no way forward for the game as we played it in its creative innocence. Nothing I've read anywhere...and I've trawled the net like you, SimAzing...leads me to think EA will recant.

I haven't updated and will play my game exactly as I have always done every day until I'm locked out or forced out or whatever plan they have to cleanse their servers of my redundant presence.... A presence I have now filled with every bit of pixellated clutter possible to maximise the space I take.

I applaud the efforts that all are making to fight and protest. I know I'm deferring the parting and grieving process and it will have to happen eventually. Please accept an eHug for your pain.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
longtimelurker
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by longtimelurker »

I hear you.
I know there are worse things happening in the big bad world than the demise of our sims and the ruination of this game. But to me this was a small bit of respite from that big bad world.
And what I depise most is the uncaring attitude and greed of EA Games - and I have been a long time sims player.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Firrewhisper wrote:<snip> Have you noticed that in the SFP review at the app store, they state "The CRITICS LOVE IT!" ?
I looked up the reviews and found the 5 star review is from an article By Jim Squires | Feb 1, 2012.
The critic review from God is a Geek was written By Martin Baker on 2nd January 2012, again when SFP was our beloved game.

I wonder what their reviews would be now.
Well, I just hit up them up for a new review and linked the facebook page full of protests.

Minima, I would rather be banned for speaking out against what seems to be a bully attempt, than to have to buy another box of tissues.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
wumpy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by wumpy »

This game that used to give me so much joy now gives me so much anxiety. Every time I see the green bars fill up around my sims I get into a panic. I've worked so hard in the game to honestly earn simoleons and lp to make them beautiful homes to raise their families in. I made them all unique to fit the personalities of the individuals sims in the storyline I created for them. I hate hate hate seeing the grim reaper stalk my healthy sims.

My worst regret is making a sim based on my daughter, because now I have to watch her age and die. I know I can 'save' her by using lp but what's the point, this isn't the 'world' I thought she was going to live in. I have detached myself from her and she is just going to be another player in this horrid game.

I hate this game now and it makes me so sad because for so long I loved it so much. So why do I keep playing? I guess it's a hope that things will return to the way they were and that I'll once again get some joy from it.
GC wumpy0815.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

(((Group Hug)))

Funny thing happened when I mentioned to my husband yesterday that many players were unhappy with the new death update. He doesn't play SFP but immediately asked if they were forcing players to pay to keep their Sims alive! And he agreed that players would not be happy if the rules were changed midway during any game *sigh*

Much as I hate to, I have no desire to update nor play anymore. From the FB page, it does not look like EA will back down from their stance and am rather put off by their callousness towards the players' feelings. After experiencing the loss of a number of close family members and friends in recent years, I refuse to play a game with a Grim Reaper haunting the town. Totally creeps me out!

So guess it's goodbye for now. Thanks again to Perturbee for a great place to hang out for the last 6 months. Will leave my game (and town of zombies) for now, but will delete it in future if nothing changes.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

SIMazing wrote:
Minima, I would rather be banned for speaking out against what seems to be a bully attempt, than to have to buy another box of tissues.
Brilliant! I'm an old 'sit-in' girl from the 60s so I default to that mode under threat.

Can they ban you? Whatever happened to free speech?! A huge thank you for your efforts.

Palmjill, It's so sad this decision is being forced on people. Good luck with future gaming.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.