Green or Red Bar next to Avatars?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Green or Red Bar next to Avatars?

Post by Desiree »

I haven't updated my game yet, don't have auto updates and I am showing the new update is available in my app section on my iPad. And I have no new types of quests showing.

So I am really hoping I am safe. But I am worried that somehow I accidentally updated because of something I just noticed.

I usually play everyday and keep my sims inspired. I couldn't play yesterday, and when I came to play tonight my sims were wandering about and many were becoming zombified. I noticed that there is a half circle bar around the Sims avatar that shows at the bottom of the tracker. On some of my sims it is partially red, on some it is mostly green.

I am assuming this has always been there and shows the level of inspired ( or zombified ) the Sim I'm controlling is. I probably never noticed it because I've never had them go into the red category before.

But with all of this talk about the aging circles I'm scared to do anything in case this is the aging meter. Could someone let me know if the green/red bar signifies needs? Thank you! I don't like my sims being zombies, but don't want to age them either if I accidentally updated.

Really, really hoping I'm just terribly un-observant :)
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Green or Red Bar next to Avatars?

Post by salsarush »

Desiree wrote:I haven't updated my game yet, don't have auto updates and I am showing the new update is available in my app section on my iPad. And I have no new types of quests showing.

So I am really hoping I am safe. But I am worried that somehow I accidentally updated because of something I just noticed.

I usually play everyday and keep my sims inspired. I couldn't play yesterday, and when I came to play tonight my sims were wandering about and many were becoming zombified. I noticed that there is a half circle bar around the Sims avatar that shows at the bottom of the tracker. On some of my sims it is partially red, on some it is mostly green.

I am assuming this has always been there and shows the level of inspired ( or zombified ) the Sim I'm controlling is. I probably never noticed it because I've never had them go into the red category before.

But with all of this talk about the aging circles I'm scared to do anything in case this is the aging meter. Could someone let me know if the green/red bar signifies needs? Thank you! I don't like my sims being zombies, but don't want to age them either if I accidentally updated.

I am sorry for you, but this circle bar is indeed the aging bar. When it gets red, your sim is about to grow or - if it's a senior - to go forever :cry:
Once they are ready to age, a birthday cake will pop up above their head - then you can decide if you want to spend LPs in order to reset the aging-meter.
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View
Minima
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Minima »

Desiree, have you updated?

I think the ageing circle goes right round the avatar at equal width on the updated version.

I haven't updated and I'm playing my old game as what passes for normal in my Sims's world ie breakfast, lunch break and after supper. The semicircle is to the left of my Sims's avatars.

I think the semicircle has always been there to indicate the level of inspiration. It's on some pre-update photos. Mine 'tops up' when I attend to any of their needs.

I understand your anxiety. Every time I log in, I'm ultra cautious and scout around for changes. It's crazy. We shouldn't have to feel this way.

Hope this helps.
Distinctly unimpressed with EA.
Actively playing my old game for as long as I can.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Desiree wrote:I haven't updated my game yet, don't have auto updates and I am showing the new update is available in my app section on my iPad. And I have no new types of quests showing.

If you have not updated yet, you have not gotten Life Dream menu. It's on the Life Dream menu the aging bar is displayed. After updating, the circle around your the sim on the sim tracker will also be a full circle. On the sim tracker is only a half circle before updating, and that will turn red if your sim is uninspired. So no need to worry.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I have also noticed this circle yesterday. But, as Microdot pointed out, it's for the needs.
There is a screenshot of october 2013 at that topic. It shows the same circle. Only, I haven't noticed that before yesterday :o

Can somebody post a screenshot from the age circle, please? :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Oh yeah! I am so glad! It is just the half circle, and I'd just never noticed because it was always green! I am so not ready to update yet. Thanks for the info.

3 Bliss Drive

Bagatelle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Bagatelle »

ErinPW wrote:I have also noticed this circle yesterday. But, as Microdot pointed out, it's for the needs.
There is a screenshot of october 2013 at that topic. It shows the same circle. Only, I haven't noticed that before yesterday :o

Yes, I think half circle is just for needs in preupdated games.
And whole circle is for aging in updated games.

Here is the picture of whole circle for aging.
Attachments
image.jpg
Facebook account : Bagatelle Dupré (please send a message with SFP or the forum)
Game Center : bagatelle freeplay

HFN : Volcano View (on the right of the volcano)

Sorry for my poor english.... I'm french ! ;)
Happy simming ! :D
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by salsarush »

Sorry then for making panic! :| :| :(
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

salsarush wrote:Sorry then for making panic! :| :| :(
No problem. You should of seen me when I first noticed it and thought it was the aging bar! I cancelled all those poor zombie sims actions so fast and got the heck out of there! :lol:

3 Bliss Drive

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Bagatelle wrote:
ErinPW wrote:[...]

Yes, I think half circle is just for needs in preupdated games.
And whole circle is for aging in updated games.

Here is the picture of whole circle for aging.
Thanks, Bagatelle!
Desiree wrote:
salsarush wrote:Sorry then for making panic! :| :| :(
No problem. You should of seen me when I first noticed it and thought it was the aging bar! I cancelled all those poor zombie sims actions so fast and got the heck out of there! :lol:
My panic was before your post, salsarush ^^

When I noticed this circle, I hurried to the App Store, to look whether I've accidently updated :lol: Then I searched for the photos to compare :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View