Creepiest grim reaper sighting yet

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Creepiest grim reaper sighting yet

Post by JKCher »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:
jaymart wrote:My quilters finally finished the set and are enjoying their new chairs. But not much time left, grim reaper is getting closer and closer, and yes, he kills birds.
grim_reaper.jpg
Is that their idea of a sick joke? To have the reaper just randomly kill birds while he's waiting to kill our Sims? Don't they realize that kids play the game? It shouldn't be OK to abuse animals - even virtual birds.

You know, I could have handled this better if they had given us some fun options - you know, like Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey? Have your Sim "cheat" death and earn their right to age at their own (the player's) pace! Play a game with the reaper, distract him, confuse him, so he goes away for awhile while he unmuddles his thoughts... He would randomly come back, but you pick a sim to play with him and see if you can convince him to leave again.

It could have been a fun / funny update. Dare him to negotiate with your sim eating plant - if your plant wins, he has to go away for awhile. If he wins, he gets to hang around for more challenges from the a Sims themselves. Play chess or battleship with him (didn't they do that in the movie?). If you win you get an orb, collect enough orbs and the reaper goes off to bug a different Sim in your neighborhood. When everybody had an orb, he goes away until you add a new Sim. Babies, toddlers, pre-teens would be exempt from playing games with the Reaper. Maybe teens, too - although I am sure just the loud, repetitive music from the idols would make him run away.
I always love the ideas you come up with Hufflepuff Karen :)
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

They tried to make reaper funny, he wants to eat an apple but it falls through his "body", always looks at his watch and is disappointed that time hasn't come yet. But somehow it is not that funny. Maybe it's age, at 20 I would probably laugh together with the game creators but now I'm thinking how much time left on that watch ;)

So far I had been moving seniors out of town except the one that died during the quest. One moved already and this couple is next, let reaper be disappointed. I think that eventually I will just have few sims left and see where the game is going.
grim_apple.jpg
grim_watch.jpg
Attachments
grim2.jpg
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
Simplicity
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Simplicity »

This creepy and new stage of the sims is curing me of my addiction to this game. I am day 2 without doing anything because it's making me so angry. It's no more fun to pay this game.
Rickenik
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Rickenik »

18+ content?
Attachments
image.jpg
Reached level 55 dec. 8th 2015 on ipad,
started new android game november 2015
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Rickenik wrote:18+ content?
What the heck is the reaper doing? Trying to smother his victim? I know what it looks like - heck of a way to buy more time - they're gonna have to change the rating!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
mrsjane
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by mrsjane »

I liked the update at first. I like the life cycle and that Sims die, but it's too quick! The babies hibernate and wake up toddlers, toddlers have several days of watching TV, playing on the swings or whatever and then they are preteens. The preteens have longer, but hardly much. Then come the teens and before long they are adults. And this is where my problems begin.

There is no time for forge relationships, marry and have babies *and* carry out the life wishes before they are seniors and then, basically, it's over. A couple of hobbies and sleeps and bam -- reaper -- and the end.

Oh, and somehow I have an adult sim that's verging into a senior and she has a child! What will happen to the child if she dies before it turns into an adult?

Sorry, gone off course.
Firrewhisper
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Firrewhisper »

I wouldn't let a child play. Death isn't funny and killing birds and in front of children is sick.
Dr.Hoo
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Dr.Hoo »

He's a stalker! My old boy is half way through his lifecycle but the Sim reaper is waiting for him :evil: ... I sometimes catch him floating around downstairs through the gap in the stairs (if I'm upstairs) - I find it a bit unsettling... It's so macabre :!:
Ipad: Level 53 (seniors update)
Samsung Note: Level 55 (latest houses update)
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

Yeah, reaper is a stalker, he followed old couple when they decided to spend last days on the beach. Is he waiting for some shipwrecks?
Attachments
death_beach1.jpg
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
Purrcat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Purrcat »

I don't think the reaper is killing birds to kill them. He can't help it. Watch him when the bird dies...he drops his head and sighs like like he's sad.

I have a reaper hanging out with a senior, but she doesn't seem to be aware of it.