Can I keep my existing game but change to a diff FB account?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
dianagk
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Can I keep my existing game but change to a diff FB account?

Post by dianagk »

Basically as with many things in my life I started playing SFP on a random whim, and was on my kindle at a friend's house, so it wasn't realistically possible to set up a second FB account just for the game at that moment. I'm still on the fence about this latest update and very nearly bailed entirely but since I've invested so much into the game at this point, I'm willing to give it a go and try to make things work. :/

That said, I've had to start playing a good deal more actively to keep up, and find that it's getting really confusing having my game life mixed up with my real life on FB. But I've gotten too far in the game to just start all over. So what I would *like* to do now is create a new FB account just for games, and link that FB account with my current SFP game. But I assume that saving to the cloud uses your FB login as identification?? So if I log out of my existing FB account and into the new one, will I even have the option or access needed to load my saved game? Or will it force me to start over? I just can't face starting again at this point LOL I know I would have to re-friend all my current SFP neighbors, but that's at least easier than starting over. I guess I'm asking if my SFP game is forever tied to my existing FB account? To clarify if it matters to anyone, this isn't for hack/cheat purposes, I simply want to simplify things and divide out the SFP part of my FB experience into its own account to keep everything straight.

Oh if it matters, I'm playing on a Kindle Fire HDX only, no apple devices, so I don't use Game Center at all, only FB and the Cloud.

Thanks folks!
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Can I keep my existing game but change to a diff FB acco

Post by Cyril »

I'm on apple, but hopefully my advice will apply. If it doesn't, hopefully you'll get a reply from a Kindle user soon.

Log out of the old Facebook account in Sims FreePlay.

Go to Facebook log out there too, and create your new account.

Go back to Sims FreePlay, and log in.

On an apple device, you can be logged in to one Facebook account on the Facebook app, but if your device settings have a different Facebook account as default, Sims Freeplay uses that one instead. I don't know how the Kindle does it, but it's something to watch out for.

Cyril
Game Centre Name: neildf
dianagk
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by dianagk »

thanks for the quick reply! I *think* that got it working
I logged out, closed SFP, went to FB, logged out and into new account, then went to SFP and logged into new account. It kept my old game thus far. Then I went back out to FB, changed it back to my old account, and checked SFP, which seems to be staying on the new. Now to just redo neighbors.

Thanks again!
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

Happy Simming!
Game Centre Name: neildf
travneva
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by travneva »

Similar question: Is it possible to "move" my existing game to Gamecenter if I no longer want to use FB? When I started out I had a Kindle Fire so had to use FB, but I'm on an Apple device now and would rather not use FB (personal reasons). I'd rather not start over, so has anyone made this switch and how?
Started December 2013
Level 54----16 Sims----TV 28.72 million
HFN 22 West Side
HH 1 East Side
Firepole, singing salmon, and 3* instruments @ Teen Idol Mansion
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

travneva wrote:Similar question: Is it possible to "move" my existing game to Gamecenter if I no longer want to use FB? When I started out I had a Kindle Fire so had to use FB, but I'm on an Apple device now and would rather not use FB (personal reasons). I'd rather not start over, so has anyone made this switch and how?
Actually it's not a move :) Just log out of FB via the account manager in SFP, log in to GC in SFP and save your game.

Then you can remove SFP from FB. I only found this, when I was logged in to FB via my PC. I don't remember the exact place; it's somewhere under games/apps/my apps, look for SFP klick on it and then klick "remove" Your town will disappear from the partyboats of your FB neighbors. But the last saved data will be there for a while.

I'm not using the FB app, so I don't know whether you have to do more within that one.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Kitten
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Can I keep my existing game but change to a diff FB account?

Post by Kitten »

Hi,

I really need help to download my SFP.
I used to have an old FB account linked to my SFP, but now I have lost the total access to the said FB.
SFP is still in my ipad and all progress are still the same just that I may not download it to Cloud coz FB is not connected.
I have new FB now, but I'm really worried if I link it in SFP in Account Manager everything will start from scratch.

Did you manage to change it to your new FB account?

Please help. Thank you so much.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Can I keep my existing game but change to a diff FB account?

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Hi :)
I am pretty sure if the game you currently have on the ipad is the one you want to have you can just log out from your current fb account and then log in with the one you want to use and then upload your save file to the cloud. Good luck :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20180606-181612.png
Screenshot_20180606-181629.png