Firemonkeys really "fixed" the pet glitch

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Firemonkeys really "fixed" the pet glitch

Post by Lishws720 »

They fixed it so well that you cannot relocate a household if you have pets in your old home! You first must relocate your pets to another home, then you can move a household (family) to a different place. I discovered this when I went to move my teen and her family to the new teen mansion. Took me a few minutes to figure this out.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Firemonkeys really "fixed" the pet glitch

Post by salsarush »

That's true, I also discovered this some days ago (see thread "I cannot move families"). It is really annoying, if you want to move families you have to give their pets first.
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View
wumpy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by wumpy »

This was so frustrating to me! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't move my family and ended up having to put up some reindeer for adoption. I didn't want to move the family in the first place but their home was too small to accommodate a baby. The toddlers grow up so quickly and seniors die so fast I keep growing babies to keep up. Eventually I think I'm going to be left with a town full of adults only because they don't seem to age nearly as quickly as the other ages.
GC wumpy0815.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Lishws720 wrote:They fixed it so well that you cannot relocate a household if you have pets in your old home! You first must relocate your pets to another home, then you can move a household (family) to a different place. I discovered this when I went to move my teen and her family to the new teen mansion. Took me a few minutes to figure this out.
Was thinking about this and it will be a problem for those of us who have used the pet glitch. We won't be able to demolish a house unless we adopt (delete) or move all the pets away. So we may want to leave one or two houses with just 2 pets. If you have lots of reindeer available you could put extra deer at the site and then adopt them out if you decide to demolish the house later.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I am also having a problem moving a sim who has a child, even though her son is now a teen. I temporarily moved her into the building where her current partner lives, leaving her mansion occupied by her (then toddler) son and his nanny(a senior). When the nanny died, the toddler was left alone in the mansion, and has aged up and become a teen. I moved him into a good friend's house and tried to move his mom back into the mansion, but the dialogue said I couldn't move her because she had a child to take care of! They aren't even living together anymore, and the mansion is vacant....and I can't move her partner with her because he has three pets. What a mess!
Ck91603
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Ck91603 »

How do I adopt my pets out to relocate my families? Super frustrated as I want to move several of my families in to new larger houses I have built! Before my pets just went with the family when I relocated them and I don't get why the problem now!

Game Center ck91603
HFN westside 22
Haunted mansion firehouse drive (forget address but it's 2nd one from firehouse)
Teen idol mansion Volcanic View
wumpy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by wumpy »

Ck91603 wrote:How do I adopt my pets out to relocate my families? Super frustrated as I want to move several of my families in to new larger houses I have built! Before my pets just went with the family when I relocated them and I don't get why the problem now!

Game Center ck91603
HFN westside 22
Haunted mansion firehouse drive (forget address but it's 2nd one from firehouse)
Click on the pet, select relocate. An option will pop up that says put up for adoption.
GC wumpy0815.
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SeekerDraconis »

wumpy wrote:
Ck91603 wrote:How do I adopt my pets out to relocate my families? Super frustrated as I want to move several of my families in to new larger houses I have built! Before my pets just went with the family when I relocated them and I don't get why the problem now!

Game Center ck91603
HFN westside 22
Click on the pet, select relocate. An option will pop up that says put up for adoption.
Be careful with putting a pet up for adoption, when you do that you are essentially deleting your pet. But if you choose the image of one of your other Sims, you can relocate your pet to them temporarily, move your chosen family to their new home then relocate their pet back to them.
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Also just noticed that the reindeer on my reindeer farm are no longer giving rewards. Might as well delete them and use the lot for another house!!
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by mrs_smartt »

penlopej wrote:Also just noticed that the reindeer on my reindeer farm are no longer giving rewards. Might as well delete them and use the lot for another house!!
Are they no longer giving rewards or is the time so far apart that it seems like they aren't giving out rewards anymore?
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside