how to pause the game?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

how to pause the game?

Post by valerian »

so I found out that I will have to travel a lot during this month (maybe a bit of May as well) and I know I won't have much (probably any) time for playing/be in areas with internet coverage for long time

But I'm still doing quests - and I know I won't be able to even finish the current one - which is seniors - in time before I leave. And I always finished quests on time and got the rewards and it bothers me that I won't get the reward for this one :cry:

So is there a way to pause the game? So I don't have to "lose" this quest and then in a month come back to the game?

Also will the fact that I'm not not able to play (I'm thinking about not even taking my android tablet with me cause it would be just additional unused weight during traveling) somehow affect my neighbors?
lvl 54
HFN: #4 West Oceanside
HH: #1 West Oceanside
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: how to pause the game?

Post by Cyril »

Neighbor's Towns are just a copy of their latest save to the Cloud.
Visiting them in the game doesn't change the Town, and people who visit yours only see your last save.

If you leave your game for more than a few days (five I think), when you come back it will be as you left it, but your Sims will be inspired.

I think that once you've started a quest, the clock is ticking, and I don't think there is any way to pause it. If there is, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will post another reply.

Enjoy your break!
Game Centre Name: neildf
Christina
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Christina »

I don't know but would saving your game to the cloud, and then downloading the save when you get home have the effect of pausing the game? I dont know how the quests timers would react though.
HFN at 1 East Oceanside.
Haunted House
FB - Christina Rn
IronMagus
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by IronMagus »

Christina wrote:I don't know but would saving your game to the cloud, and then downloading the save when you get home have the effect of pausing the game? I dont know how the quests timers would react though.
The quest timer just sets a time x-number of days from when you started, and then counts down towards that time. Restoring a cloud save does not "set back the clock." And even when you do finish a quest, the next one just starts automatically, with no option (that I can see) to decline or hold off on starting it. The only way I can see being able to take an extended break from the game without missing out on any rewards would be to stop at one of the quests that doesn't have a time limit (Simolean Sprout, pre-teens, teenagers, and high school are the only ones), or simply start over when you come back.
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

Thank you very much all for your replies! :)

@Cyril: so the ppl visiting my saved copy won't see the zombies, right? That's what I was worried that somehow the people visiting me would see zombies as well, because the saved version would somehow progress as well - in a way that it would not affect me but affect the people visiting - I don't know if it's clear what I wanted to say :oops: but yeah if it won't and anyone visiting my copy with inspired sims will see them inspired even after a month, then that's great :)

@IronMagus: I'm unfortunately on last 3 quests: Seniors, Bird-Feeding & In Stitches and all have time limit :cry: And I want the parrot and the teddy so I guess I'll have to leave the seniors without Exercise Cycle :/ (I wish I hoarded more LP, so I could use them now, but I spent hundreds on pets and more hundreds to finish the teen idol sign thingy so I could build the mansion before I leave)
lvl 54
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

People visiting any saved copy of a Neighbor's town that is old, will see 'zombies', dirty pools, Sins wetting themselves etc., even if when it was saved it was all in tip-top condition with everything clean and tidy, and all a Sims inspired.

When you visit a town that was saved, when you open it, time will have passed, and the version you see will be the town that was saved, with the passage of time since it was saved.

I was told by a more experienced member, that after a long time (maybe 28 days or so) , a saved town that was not re-saved, becomes 'clean' again, with inspired Sims.

Don't worry about the conditions of neighbor's towns that you visit, or what your town will look like to visitors, or how your Sims behave in another town. All we get is a copy of the town when it was last saved, plus the time elapsed, and nothing we do changes that saved copy.

Regards

Cyril
Game Centre Name: neildf
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

oh, that's pity :( so they will see zombies. I wanted to leave a pretty town for neighbors to visit. I guess I'll rater move most sims to other houses and not the one build as HFN, so they don't have to deal with 10 zombies roaming around on top of everything if they visit :oops: (though I moved the pee cleaner to the HFN so at least it should be pee free)

thank you very much for your reply! :)
lvl 54
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

valerian wrote:oh, that's pity :( so they will see zombies. I wanted to leave a pretty town for neighbors to visit. I guess I'll rater move most sims to other houses and not the one build as HFN, so they don't have to deal with 10 zombies roaming around on top of everything if they visit :oops: (though I moved the pee cleaner to the HFN so at least it should be pee free)

thank you very much for your reply! :)
Such a good host! :)
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road
valerian
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valerian »

syeirahu wrote: Such a good host! :)
Thank you! :) well I've started playing only 6 weeks ago so I don't have that much to offer yet, so I wanted to at least leave a nice town while unable to play :oops:
lvl 54