Family moved and baby stayed behind

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Bbcakes1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Family moved and baby stayed behind

Post by Bbcakes1 »

I had an infant in a crib and I moved the family to a larger home but my baby remained at the original house. I made her a toddler thinking it would cause her to move in with her parents but no luck. Does anyone know how I can get her to move in with her parents? I don't want a toddler living on her own. I know I can just make her stay at the house but it's still not right. Please help!!!
ErinPW

Re: Family moved and baby stayed behind

Post by ErinPW »

Bbcakes1 wrote:I had an infant in a crib and I moved the family to a larger home but my baby remained at the original house. I made her a toddler thinking it would cause her to move in with her parents but no luck. Does anyone know how I can get her to move in with her parents? I don't want a toddler living on her own. I know I can just make her stay at the house but it's still not right. Please help!!!
:shock: That's a really bad glitch!
Can you reset your game to the time before you moved the family? That would help for the moment.
Or, if the toddler has lost the relationship to her parents, they could adopt her so she moves to her family. I don't think this works, if the parents are still shown as mom and dad :(

You should submit a request to the Firemonkeys
https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... Up-Horses-
Left hand side, bottom
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Cyril »

I'm wondering if you created the baby in the usual way, or as part of a Baby Glitch. Some Baby Glitch children, if created whilst an unmarried couple or a single Sim are in the house, will not have the family relationship. In this case they may not move as part of a family.

You should probably check of the relationship between the baby and its parents shows as parent-child.

If the child was created in the proper way, then I think you have a pretty bad glitch. Please let us know if you get this sorted.
Good luck if you have to resort to a request to Firemonkeys.
Game Centre Name: neildf
Bbcakes1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bbcakes1 »

I didn't do it as a baby glitch. I had the baby in the normal way. I just don't get why she is stuck living all alone. I'm having her stay at her parents house and doing her life dreams so maybe I can just rush through her life and then she'll be an adult and able to be on her own unless someone can give me insight on what else I can do
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Well, if she doesn't have an orb yet, you could just delete her and start her over. Did the house you were moving to have a space for a crib?
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

If you're on the life dreams update, you may be able to get her parents to adopt her. I think she may have to be best friends with at least one of her parents.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Dellie wrote:If you're on the life dreams update, you may be able to get her parents to adopt her. I think she may have to be best friends with at least one of her parents.
It works from good friends onwards. But only, if there is no parent anymore.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Thanks, ErinPW. I wasn't sure on the specifics of this.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Bbcakes1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bbcakes1 »

There was space for a crib. She is now a preteen so I'll just keep her living at her parents house until she's of age to move out. Thanks for the help guys!!
Moosebait1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Moosebait1 »

Help! I was doing the bumpy quest and the crib that the baby was going to be in stayed behind when I moved, I already have one baby in a crib and didn't want uts sibling in another house so I moved back but the baby u already had took over the crib for the bumpy quest and now that I finished the quest my sim is still pregnant and their is no crib ready anymore. Is my sim gonna be pregnant forever?