Haven't played in two months...

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Mani Mouse
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Haven't played in two months...

Post by Mani Mouse »

Has anything changed? I stopped playing in March when I found out our Sims are just going to die. Does that still happen?
Game Center - maniarr87 - feel free to add me.
HFN almost finished, contains all 3 star Teen Idol instruments.
IronMagus
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Haven't played in two months...

Post by IronMagus »

They don't "just die." For starters, they don't age while they're idling, only while they're actively doing stuff. After several days' worth of action, you will either need to advance them on to the next stage of the life cycle, or spend LP's to restart their current phase. At any time you can spend Life Orbs to pause or halt (depending on what level the orb is) the aging of a particular sim. Orbs are only obtained through "completing" the life cycle of a senior sim, however, so you will need to let some of them die if you want to keep others around for ever. I think the entire life cycle is something like 45 or 60 days of action, I don't remember exactly. I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the forums here if you look around, though.

Recently, the costs for restarting a life phase or advancing early to the next one have been reduced. It still costs LP's, but not as many as it used to. Also, there are horses now.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Mani Mouse wrote:Has anything changed? I stopped playing in March when I found out our Sims are just going to die. Does that still happen?
If you will look in the update section in the forum, you can read about all the changes since the Saddle Up update. There are quite a few.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
kenny
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kenny »

I would just like to add that if you have not done the life dreams and legacies Quest then the game pretty much plays the same at least mine does,,currently I'm working on the steed quest,
FireRani
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by FireRani »

It's actually not that different if you are careful. I had taken a break a few months before the Life Dreams update, and took another break when the update came, so I had a few quest in my queue to protect me from accidentally starting the Life Dreams update (haven't started seniors or in stitches yet).

The game is pretty much the same for me, and since one of the aspects of Need for Steed is time sensitive that was the next quest I was allowed to work on. It seems that as long as you don't accidentally start the Life Dreams quest, you will be allowed you to have access to the latest quest even if you update. You still won't have access to the beach or the arcade, but so far it seems like you can participate in other updates, such as horses.

Now some ppl have accidentally started the Life Dreams update, which means their game has changed, and if they didn't want their Sims to die has unfortunately been ruined.