Help me please. My sims wont move.

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
User avatar
Simssarah
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 134
Joined: 23 Jan 2014, 10:49
Location: UK

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by Simssarah » 22 May 2014, 05:45

Having tried everything to unfreeze my Sim I submitted a ticket to FM. Brilliant service; Sim sorted out within a few hours.
0 x
HFN. 4 West Oceanside
Haunted House. 3 East Oceanside
GC paradi61
Holiday Update

User avatar
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 140
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 21:41
Location: Italy

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by salsarush » 26 May 2014, 12:34

I have the same problem since this morning. I will submit a ticket, too.
0 x
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View

User avatar
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 818
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:18
Location: CA
x 4

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by SIMazing » 27 May 2014, 06:22

Update (a work-around, while waiting for a fix):
I discovered that my sims are getting stuck when one particular family member is busy. In each family where it has happened, for me it has been a child who is stuck, and either a parent or sibling who was busy. That family always has the same combination (mother/daughter, brother/sister, ...). Canceling the action of the busy family member unfroze the sim. The family member did not have to be on the same lot, nor did they have to be doing the horse hobby. The parent or sibling simply had to be put on task first.
However, putting the sim who tended to freeze onto a task first instead stopped the freezing. And so far, those family members haven't frozen again.
0 x
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)

User avatar
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 560
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 19:30
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by Microdot » 27 May 2014, 17:43

SIMazing wrote:Update (a work-around, while waiting for a fix):
I discovered that my sims are getting stuck when one particular family member is busy. In each family where it has happened, for me it has been a child who is stuck, and either a parent or sibling who was busy. That family always has the same combination (mother/daughter, brother/sister, ...). Canceling the action of the busy family member unfroze the sim. The family member did not have to be on the same lot, nor did they have to be doing the horse hobby. The parent or sibling simply had to be put on task first.
However, putting the sim who tended to freeze onto a task first instead stopped the freezing. And so far, those family members haven't frozen again.
Thank You for this tip. It freed my two stuck sims. They were not related to the sims that caused them to be stuck though, but good friends created at the same time.
0 x
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Holiday 2017 Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Holiday 2017 Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please

User avatar
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 818
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:18
Location: CA
x 4

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by SIMazing » 27 May 2014, 20:43

Microdot wrote:
SIMazing wrote:Update (a work-around, while waiting for a fix):
I discovered that my sims are getting stuck when one particular family member is busy. In each family where it has happened, for me it has been a child who is stuck, and either a parent or sibling who was busy. That family always has the same combination (mother/daughter, brother/sister, ...). Canceling the action of the busy family member unfroze the sim. The family member did not have to be on the same lot, nor did they have to be doing the horse hobby. The parent or sibling simply had to be put on task first.
However, putting the sim who tended to freeze onto a task first instead stopped the freezing. And so far, those family members haven't frozen again.
Thank You for this tip. It freed my two stuck sims. They were not related to the sims that caused them to be stuck though, but good friends created at the same time.
So glad this helped (even though I was wrong about the relation part). :) Perhaps it's because the relationships between the parent/child and sibling/sibling were also good friends or higher. Hope you didn't have to cancel everyone in town before you found out who was causing it.
0 x
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)

User avatar
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 560
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 19:30
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by Microdot » 27 May 2014, 21:38

SIMazing wrote:Hope you didn't have to cancel everyone in town before you found out who was causing it.
No, only eight ;), they were all created 3 days ago. One has been stuck since then, and one got stuck just today.
0 x
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Holiday 2017 Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Holiday 2017 Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please

citadelli
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 8
Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 21:35

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by citadelli » 29 May 2014, 00:57

I had this happen mostly with the Horse area. But just going to map view then tapping the place and going back in seemed to snap them out of it for me. I also have had problems where you visit them and they are stuck next to a painting or something? So I just call them to a different location then go back and call them back. Probably not much help, sorry...
0 x

bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 936
Joined: 14 Sep 2013, 08:33

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by bloodcool » 30 May 2014, 05:44

SIMazing wrote:Update (a work-around, while waiting for a fix):
I discovered that my sims are getting stuck when one particular family member is busy. In each family where it has happened, for me it has been a child who is stuck, and either a parent or sibling who was busy. That family always has the same combination (mother/daughter, brother/sister, ...). Canceling the action of the busy family member unfroze the sim. The family member did not have to be on the same lot, nor did they have to be doing the horse hobby. The parent or sibling simply had to be put on task first.
However, putting the sim who tended to freeze onto a task first instead stopped the freezing. And so far, those family members haven't frozen again.
I didn't quite read much about this Sim freezing that's happening frequently with this update, but I have been experiencing freezing of a Sim (since teens update iirc) whom can only be unfreeze by cancelling other Sims' action in the house/activity map

It actually happen in my woodworking house where I try to set 10 Sims to woodwork but 1 will get stuck. And because I couldn't make out which of the 9 Sims causing that frozen Sim, I have to cancel all the 9 Sims' woodwork actions. It occurs at very random times like once in 2 days and since it did not cause harm to my game progress, i never report it.
0 x

User avatar
salsarush
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 140
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 21:41
Location: Italy

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by salsarush » 30 May 2014, 08:28

This freezing is happening to me for the second time in the same house, with two different sims. Stopping other actions does not help.
The first time the sim got unblocked after a couple of days without any particular action from my part.

This bug is really annoying.
0 x
@Marta from Italy@
GC: salsarush
Pet Farm: Volcano View

User avatar
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 560
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 19:30
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Help me please. My sims wont move.

Post by Microdot » 30 May 2014, 10:23

I made a new batch of 8 adult sims yesterday. They all became good friends in the nightclub, and moved into 2 lots with 4 on each.
The first of these 8 sims got the goal to dive in the swimming center, and was started there. The second of these 8 sims were then locked and could not be moved. The first sims action was canceled, and the second sim could then move again. They were both started at the swimming center, and the third sim was then locked. I canceled all actions and waited until everyone was assigned a goal, and then started them in reverse order without further problems.
0 x
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Holiday 2017 Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Holiday 2017 Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please

Post Reply