The game just isn't fun anymore :(

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: The game just isn't fun anymore :(

Post by DiTori »

SIMazing wrote:Besides, if you platinum all your sims then you won't be able to complete the next round of personalities (which I suspect will also need orbs). Upcoming content also requiring orbs will be out of reach too.
Ok now I'm slightly concerned as all of my 18 sims are platinum! I'm level 45 so my thinking is should more personalities come out I can add more sims at that time. I'm happy that that beach, stable, and arcade is not restricted to sport and geek personalities to use which for some reason I thought they were.

Nice advice SIMazing!
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Ok now I'm slightly concerned as all of my 18 sims are platinum! I'm level 45 so my thinking is should more personalities come out I can add more sims at that time.
Have they earned platinum orbs or are they paused using platinum orbs?

The sims that have personalities already and have earned orbs won't be able to have any new personalities that are introduced but if your sims are paused using orbs earned by someone else, you will still be able to assign personalities to them.

All my sims are paused with platinum orbs but only five of them took part in producing orbs. Those five will stay geeky or sporty. The others left during the orb grind and I used platinum orbs to pause them when they returned but I haven't assigned them personalities. The option to add one still shows up when they browse clothes.
Updated town info in profile
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

SIMAzing wrote:Besides, if you platinum all your sims then you won't be able to complete the next round of personalities (which I suspect will also need orbs). Upcoming content also requiring orbs will be out of reach too.
Debbilu_7 wrote:
Ok now I'm slightly concerned as all of my 18 sims are platinum! I'm level 45 so my thinking is should more personalities come out I can add more sims at that time.
Have they earned platinum orbs or are they paused using platinum orbs?

The sims that have personalities already and have earned orbs won't be able to have any new personalities that are introduced but if your sims are paused using orbs earned by someone else, you will still be able to assign personalities to them.

All my sims are paused with platinum orbs but only five of them took part in producing orbs. Those five will stay geeky or sporty. The others left during the orb grind and I used platinum orbs to pause them when they returned but I haven't assigned them personalities. The option to add one still shows up when they browse clothes.
I apologize; I should clarify what I meant by "complete."
Should you decide to use a paused sim to work on an orb (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), they will have to become unpaused to age up to senior to complete their orb. Wouldn't this be a problem if you have you paused sims at particular ages that aren't seniors?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

You can still manually advance the age of paused sims and the automatic aging remains paused. (I just tried it to make sure--my infant advanced to a toddler but was still paused.)
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

The thing is, as of the the SU update, only seniors can complete an orb. So yes, you can advance your adult to senior to earn the orb, but you can't go back again - so it kinda defeats the point in having them paused really.

Also, in order to get an orb to give to someone else to upgrade, the sim has to die. So again, this makes it pointless pausing them.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Also, in order to get an orb to give to someone else to upgrade, the sim has to die. So again, this makes it pointless pausing them.
It just depends on which game you want to play...at this point, I have no intention of pursuing any more orbs. This may change if the game makes it necessary but for now, I'm playing the old way. Having my sims paused doesn't mean they won't ever grow older but I will get to choose when. If new personalities come out that fit my sims, I may assign them but any orb progression would be incidental, not my goal.

While, for me, the orb grind was something I had to do to restore my game to the way I wanted it to be, it did provide a clear goal to the game play and a sense of accomplishment at meeting that goal. I know a lot of people enjoy that and all the more power to them! But for those of us who preferred the old style of play, the ability to pause automatic aging really isn't pointless.
LeongYH
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LeongYH »

I haven't gotten to Life Dreams & Legacies yet. 17 more levels to go! Still trying to get my first baby in 'Two and a Half Sims!'
I like The Sims FreePlay!

Current Stats:
1 NBR - Another Sim Town
32 LP
5 SP
$30000
Quest - Two and a Half Sims
---
Level 9
---
Happy Simming
---
Baltimore21224
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Baltimore21224 »

I'm also very unhappy. I quit but then tried the LDs, only to have multiple sims get the same dream ...yet some can't do their dream ( need a specific spot to do the dream and only three sims can do it at the same time).

I have my non LD sims locked in rooms with no doors so I don't play them by accident.

I've torn down and re modeled homes, which now is boring. I've done the stupid horse uodate and only today unlocked two star horses.

My arcade is done and six sims have to play the SAME machine to get credit, so basically they all six just play one of those machines. I know I will not get an orb for some things.

None of my sporty sims have a beach dream, just diving and work at the stadium.

This was poorly executed. Why not sell orbs??? Even if it's silver and gold orbs only..and we must work to make them platinum???

Only two sims care to work as a scientist.

There is no interaction anymore....oh and I hear another update is coming. Many of us have not fully grasped the last two fully .....

I see a short future left for this game.
Game Center: Baltimore21224

My new game is pre life dreams. I'll play this way until auto age in disabled.
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Aalinnutza »

I have worked hard since updating to LD&L to get the platinium orbs needed to pause 10 of my sims! Once I managed to do that I decided to make more orbs so I can pause 29 sims (that was when the news of 2 more sims added came) which left me with 5sims for future updates to collect orbs! As some of you stated I am sure that this move (death) is here to stay! So at the moment I am still working for some orbs to unlock the hobbies at the beach and the arcade and then my game will go back to a form of normal where I know my sims, their jobs and hobbies and still have the 5 sims for future personalities updates!
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one