Why can't I collect the ORB here???

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Why can't I collect the ORB here???

Post by Simsational »

Ok, so I was perturbed with the Life Dreams Quest thing from the get-go awhile back, so I never explored it. Instead, I built the Horse Complex and Restaurant.

Now, I want the beach/arcade/carnival, so I guess I have to get orbs, or pay for a boatload of LPs...

My question pertains to the attached pics... I fulfilled this geezer's (Oscar) life dream, and don't have a problem sending him into the afterlife, but when I click on the exclamation point bubble, it goes to the next screen (see pics) where I assume I click 'YES' to launch Oscar into the afterlife and receive a bronze orb, CORRECT?!

When I click on 'YES' - nothing happens, and he seems to be stuck in limbo on the houseboat. WTH am I missing here? Thanks in advance...

Attachments
20140815_130646.jpg
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
Cyril
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Why can't I collect the ORB here???

Post by Cyril »

On a few occasions I've had a similar problem. Usually I go elsewhere for a while, and when I come back Death eventually turns up to ease the Sim to the afterlife.
Game Centre Name: neildf
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

You need to click on the exclamation point above his head.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

QUOTE: "On a few occasions I've had a similar problem. Usually I go elsewhere for a while, and when I come back Death eventually turns up to ease the Sim to the afterlife."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, thanks.

Are you saying that I need to wait for the grim reaper to show up?

If so, I know where he is lingering, and can probably lure him to my houseboat by relocating the other geezer that the reaper seems to be interested in to the boat...
Last edited by Simsational on 15 Aug 2014, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

telemwill wrote:You need to click on the exclamation point above his head.
Doesn't work, as I stated above...
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Simsational wrote:
telemwill wrote:You need to click on the exclamation point above his head.
Doesn't work, as I stated above...
Oh, I see. I thought you meant you just clicked on the exclamation point before the yes. It may be that Death is stuck on another lot. Try visiting your other Sims. Sometimes if you exit a lot before he has left, he will get stuck.
Last edited by telemwill on 15 Aug 2014, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

I got it to work by luring the grim reaper to the houseboat...

thanks for the help...