About the salon... And adoption Q (new adoption Q)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: About the salon... And adoption Q

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Oh I know she'll lose her karate and her grades, but it can't see not letting her finish when she's pretty close to black belt and an A grade. At least I can buy the things that become available for her and use them in her room to decorate. Then she'll graduate and move on to high school - by then it might actually be built!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Dragonshiloh wrote:They do have to start over on hobbies and school. Just in case anyone is wondering the top level for teens in school is 800 simoleans and 550 XP. The preteen top level is 700 simoleans and 800 XP.
Wait, so Teens don't get as much XP as Pre-Teens (by a rather significant amount in fact)?!
Doesn't seem worth it to send them to school for several hours only for that. They'd be better off staying in bed!

I'm not really seeing the point in Teens so far. In fact, despite completing the Coming of Age quest, I still see no reason to age either of my Preteens.

And if Teens still can't do gardening or cooking, nor can they do the hobbies which yield decent rewards (such as Fashion Design), they don't seem any better than Preteens. In fact, they may even be worse, because at least Preteens are needed to complete goals, both in your own and in neighbour's towns (which is the main reason I have them).

Hopefully the Sim Idol thing will change this, when it eventually comes out.

Does each new grade a Teen goes up in school unlock new items (like Preteens), or is it just the trophy case?
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

Each new grade gets you a new item for the trophy case and small amount of increase in town value.

And teens are also needed for goals. At the moment not in neighbours towns but that might change. So far I have gotten the waste a whole day on the couch and read the fantasy trilogy goals for my mystery box key quest. No idea if you will get the goals if you don't have teens.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Other than perhaps one of each age group for goal purposes, there is no reason to have kids at all. I just have them because I want them. They complete my little doll families, and they become a part of my storylines. Building houses and families is the enjoyable part of the game for me.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Well, I started getting kids to do goals and get points then kept Molly little cuz the toddlers are cute. And she came in handy to bribe the ducks! So I want at least one of each age group, so if something like that comes up, I can try adult, teen, child and toddler and see who has the best or quickest interaction. If I need to be able to neglect them for awhile, I pick the longest one and if I'm in a hurry, I pick the quickest one. Lately, while working on these new quests, I have been making sure that I always have Molly & Dora with an adult to try doing different goals. But I wish I could have more Sims, I don't like the empty houses :(.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Pammy30159
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Pammy30159 »

Undead_Teri wrote:Oh, and adopting also bypasses the extra 100LP (or whatever it is) charge for being over your level's sim limit. For now, anyway.
I have reached my sim limit a long time ago ... 31 !! I wish they would raise the limit to enable me to fill my houses. They gave us more building g plots but not enough sims to fill them !! :(