Removed Items, Limited Time Items, and Event Prizes

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Gwen6275
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Removed, Retired, or Truly Limited Items

Post by Gwen6275 »

I bought these items in a pack the other day. I have never seen these before...
Attachments
image.jpg
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Gwen6275 wrote:I bought these items in a pack the other day. I have never seen these before...
They are a new (as of the Halloween update) online pack. They aren't past limited time prizes or retired items but items you can only get through the online store. If FM ever announce that that pack will no longer be in the rotation of things for sale in the online store they will be added to this list. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Gwen6275
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Gwen6275 »

I guess I am confused about the purpose of this thread! It seems there are many items posted on here that have been offered several times both in game and in the online store, without FM making an announcement regarding the items never being available ever again. The description is "removed, retired or limited". I thought furniture that could only be purchased in an online pack would count as limited. I guess I was wrong.
mockingbird288z

Gwen6275 wrote:I guess I am confused about the purpose of this thread! It seems there are many items posted on here that have been offered several times both in game and in the online store, without FM making an announcement regarding the items never being available ever again. The description is "removed, retired or limited". I thought furniture that could only be purchased in an online pack would count as limited. I guess I was wrong.
When this thread was started events weren't ever repeated so for a long while items from events were truly limited time items and without things like the architect houses it was impossible for new players to get those items. Hence, "truly" limited. Now with the architect homes items like furniture from the homestead furniture event aren't really "truly" limited time items but it seems silly to stop updating the thread.

Besides there are always players who want to know what an item is or were it came from and this thread is very helpful for that. I've recently restructured the opening post to better reflect where items come from and how often events are repeated to hopefully help players better.

There is an "Online Bundles" section in the OP and I did at first add things like the Summer Lovin' Clothes and Girls' Night Out clothes because they are always shown as "limited time" in the online store. But it became clear that although the items may be available for a short while in the online store they would be back and it really seemed silly to keep adding every time they were available when it seemed like that was almost all the time. So unless those bundles stop showing they won't be listed here. And it might not be that FM announce it but that it has been a few updates since a pack was seen then I'll add them with a note that they haven't been offered since whatever update.

Basically this thread is for items and clothes that are first attainable through events or such whether or not they are later made available at times in the online store (like fireworks or the party pack). There is a specific thread for online packs through. You can find it here if you are interested.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Leah, are these considered a truly limited item? They were on sale a few weeks ago in the outdoor furniture section, but now I don't see them for sale. Maybe they are like the rounded urban couches?
Attachments
Modern Purple Table
Modern Purple Table
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
mockingbird288z

Lishws720 wrote:Leah, are these considered a truly limited item? They were on sale a few weeks ago in the outdoor furniture section, but now I don't see them for sale. Maybe they are like the rounded urban couches?
Yeah, unfortunately those tables and the black steel tables from a few weeks earlier are truly limited items. They just popped up for sale for a little while and disappeared. I don't think they even had a notification for these items. :? I think they will go on sale again at some point and might show up in an architect house like the couches do but for now they aren't available.

Here is the black table:
blacksteeltables.jpeg
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Lishws720 wrote:Leah, are these considered a truly limited item? They were on sale a few weeks ago in the outdoor furniture section, but now I don't see them for sale. Maybe they are like the rounded urban couches?
Yeah, unfortunately those tables and the black steel tables from a few weeks earlier are truly limited items. They just popped up for sale for a little while and disappeared. I don't think they even had a notification for these items. :? I think they will go on sale again at some point and might show up in an architect house like the couches do but for now they aren't available.

Here is the black table:
blacksteeltables.jpeg
I think I bought a few of those black tables, too. I wish they had offered barstools to go with them, something sleek and modern.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I don't remember that purple table, was that only for iOS?
mockingbird288z

JakeSim wrote:I don't remember that purple table, was that only for iOS?
No, it was available for everyone for about 6 days in the beginning of December as part of the sale on SP items.

The only ones who didn't have it would be the Windows phone users who don'y have the update.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

mockingbird288z wrote:
JakeSim wrote:I don't remember that purple table, was that only for iOS?
No, it was available for everyone for about 6 days in the beginning of December as part of the sale on SP items.

The only ones who didn't have it would be the Windows phone users who don'y have the update.
I wonder how I missed that, maybe is because I don't like spending SP's lol