Resources?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
TexasMeg
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Resources?

Post by TexasMeg »

I have a "community garden" with 10 plots. What I have found most efficient (for me) is to get 6 sims together for 1/2 an hour while I'm listening to something, and just grow bell peppers. Keep planting and harvesting, over and over, just keep it rolling. I usually get at least one gold from a gardening session, sometimes two or three, and I also get magma and wind (which for me are rarer than gold) - not necessarily every time, but every other time. Pearls only come reliably with water-based actions. In my town library that I built, modeled after some of the examples here, I installed two lavatories on the ground floor, each with 4 of the 10-second toilets. I call over 6 sims and then have what I call (to myself!) a "pee party". I simply send each sim to a toilet in the appropriate room (mens or ladies), and keep cycling them non-stop for about half an hour. In both of these examples, I have found six to be a good number to keep going without giving them time to wander off to the far edges of the property should my fingers stumble, which they inevitably do. If you have a very new device you might find you can handle more sims. My iPad is 2 yrs old and it was on the way out when it was new, so it slows up if there are too many sims and they all have actions. Hope that gives some Ideas on getting the elusive elements needed to upgrade, I hate spending on them, too.
GC : -TexasMeg-
HFN: 22 West Side (starter house)
HH: 10 West Side
Level 38 TV: $30,000,000
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Loving all these tips!!
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Delphine wrote:
I get gold, several gold ressources everyday. I haven't spent a single lp in the monuments and the earth one is the highest for me. I have more difficulties to get the other rare ressourcés (magma ember, pearl and wind stuff). What i am doing is i'm planting potatoes and corn. Corn is the best way to get gold. I have 31 adultes planting, which is 93 corn in a hour. (The days i am working, it is 90 in the morning, 90 at noon, 180 or 270 in the evening as i'm concernéd). I grow potatoes during the day and onions the night. I don't know what is the best (corn in my opinion as it is what i am doing the most often) but what i am planting is giving me two or three gold each day.
Just got gold from corn. Thank you!
Delphine
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by Delphine »

TexasMeg wrote:I have a "community garden" with 10 plots....I usually get at least one gold from a gardening session, sometimes two or three, and I also get magma and wind (which for me are rarer than gold) - not necessarily every time, but every other time.
That's exactly the same for me ;)
mommacude wrote: Just got gold from corn. Thank you!
You're welcome :)
And by the way, you néed to Know that Narelle has a fiancé :lol:
FB : Catalina Delphine (look for the squirrel ;) )
GC : DelphOrka
Updated, everything built but the volcano
(Please, don't look at my mistakes in English, my French iPad always puts capital letters and accents everywhere)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Delphine wrote: And by the way, you néed to Know that Narelle has a fiancé :lol:
Lol that Brock has no shame. He flirts with EVERYONE, but usually only in neighbor towns, not at home :lol:
Laura
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Laura »

I've stopped trying for resources, and work primarily on LP generating activities. My monuments are each on level 13 right now.

Laura
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Laura wrote:I've stopped trying for resources, and work primarily on LP generating activities. My monuments are each on level 13 right now.

Laura
Yes I finally figured that out. It's not worth it is it?

Right now I'm working on simoleans because I didn't plan and I'm building the community center and the snow park just became available. Patience, patience.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I used the Christmas pet glitch to gather enough lp for updating till level 25 to unlock the vulcan. Merely because I didn't like the unfinished look of the monuments. I wouldn't have wanted lp if they hadn't come in so easily. I don't bother with the resources anymore. Where I get one with the everyday work its fine but I wouldn't do anything in the hope to get more of them
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Lenny wrote:I used the Christmas pet glitch to gather enough lp for updating till level 25 to unlock the vulcan. Merely because I didn't like the unfinished look of the monuments. I wouldn't have wanted lp if they hadn't come in so easily. I don't bother with the resources anymore. Where I get one with the everyday work its fine but I wouldn't do anything in the hope to get more of them
I use them to skip ahead on long tasks and also buy pets and other things.