Resources?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Dilly
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Resources?

Post by Dilly »

I went to a Town with Magma & my PreTeen Flamed all the Febreze toilets. Every other hit was a Magma flame, pretty funny, it was a room with a dozen toilets & she danced around each one having a Literal BLAST.
I bet it varies per town, some may have higher levels of Magma & others have higher levels of Terra.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Dilly wrote:I bet it varies per town, some may have higher levels of Magma & others have higher levels of Terra.
<conspiracy theory hat on>
Maybe that's related to the geographical locations of our neighbours?
<conspiracy theory hat off> :lol:

I think you are right in that, it might be interesting to find out.
ohiocat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ohiocat »

I also think the resources are random ... they aren't connected to the activity the sim is performing. I've gotten both wind and granite from filling pet dishes, I've gotten bamboo from a sim using the toilet (not the Febreeze toilet), I've gotten a chunk of onyx from a preteen calling her grandma. I have 4 divers and I've collected a grand total of one pearl.

And I've gotten nothing from the Febreeze toilet. I have sprayed and sprayed and NADA. I still do the spray action every time a sim uses one of those toilets, just to see if it will give me anything, but I've had a lot more luck (which still isn't much luck) with just random daily tasks. I'm finding the resources ridiculously hard to collect.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Sometimes I think it's based on the XPs every sim has earned. E.g. 1000 XPs give resource x, 500 more give the next, 1000 more ... and so on. But then suddenly he gets a resource for washing hands and right after that another for drinking Espresso. So it's still a mystery :lol:

I also see that Bixas' therorie makes sense.

I received resources for chasing cars :) Today I took a bit time for it with 12 cars and received 5 Onyx, 1 bamboo and 1 chisel. I only heard the sound and guess, it was every time when a driver had left the town map. I had to look at the monuments to find out, which resources have increased.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

animagif wrote:For me, the magma embers have the least amount of drops. Other resources drops are pretty even out though. Oh and I get most of my resources from either gardening or the febreeze toilet.
I can't get the magma embers either. If that even is what it's called! I've only gotten one, and that was from some unknown action by some unknown Sim. (It's the resource on the far right in "Flames of Wisdom.") I've no idea how to get it.
Last edited by blackbrit on 14 Sep 2013, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

blackbrit wrote:
animagif wrote:For me, the magma embers have the least amount of drops. Other resources drops are pretty even out though. Oh and I get most of my resources from either gardening or the febreeze toilet.
I can't get the magma embers either. If that even is what it's called! I've only gotten one, and that was from some unknown action by some unknown Sim. (It's the resource on the far right in "Flames of Wisdom.") I've know idea how to get it.
I had some luck with the magma using the febreeze toilet. I just use the one in Perturbee's town and grind that thing for 20 minutes non stop. But still it's not consistent though. A couple nights ago I got resources drop every few action which was great but later it stopped entirely. Talk about random.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

blackbrit wrote:
I can't get the magma embers either. If that even is what it's called! I've only gotten one, and that was from some unknown action by some unknown Sim. (It's the resource on the far right in "Flames of Wisdom.") I've know idea how to get it.
Same here. I received this resource at least 1 times for design.
The picture only shows a shadow, because I was slow :(

Edit typo
Attachments
130913_Magmaklumpen.jpg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

ErinPW wrote:
blackbrit wrote:
Same here. I received this resource at least 1 times for design.
The picture only shows a shadow, because I was slow :(

Edit typo
ErinPW! Your town produced magma embers three times for the mayor of my Sim Town, Maya Angelou. Source? The febreze toilet, of course. Maybe other towns produce magma embers better than our own? Ah, who knows?!
Last edited by blackbrit on 16 Sep 2013, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
Arcadia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Arcadia »

I'm having a problems getting the wind/breeze, gold bars, bronze bars and the magma embers. I get a lot of the others. Need a toilet that flushing these.
Mon789
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mon789 »

I have so many igneous rocks I don't know what to do with them!
But I have no pearls or bronze!!