110 SP for $5.99 is an awesome deal!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

110 SP for $5.99 is an awesome deal!

Post by Lishws720 »

I've noticed that this price is the best "price per SP" except for the 2000 SP for $99.99 (and who has that kind of money?). If you want to splurge on some SP in the store, buy 110 for $5.99 three times. You will get 330 SP (most of the Scandanavian House) for under $20.00. Does anyone else think that EA made a "favorable" mistake when pricing this one? Has anyone else taken advantage of it?
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: 110 SP for $5.99 is an awesome deal!

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I haven't bought any SP yet but am thinking about it. I still have a few bucks left on my birthday App card. I bought the LP/$ bundle a couple of weeks ago and I adopted a pre-teen last night. Oh I bought the fish tanks, too. But I was working my way through the SP Goals, now that I actually have neighbors and I'm not in a terrible hurry to finish any quests, so I'm still in the thinking about it stage :)
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

Yeah, since they double billed me for one teen pack and have completely ignored my support ticket? Hell will have ice bergs before I ever spend another single penny on this game.

Huge mistake on their part since I chose to throw my mad money at these games rather than at Starbucks or something.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Lucyvp867 wrote:Yeah, since they double billed me for one teen pack and have completely ignored my support ticket? Hell will have ice bergs before I ever spend another single penny on this game.

Huge mistake on their part since I chose to throw my mad money at these games rather than at Starbucks or something.
Did you try to get your money back from your store? I read about, Apple and amazon give it back.

If you have a look to the Guides section. There should be advices how to get purchased packs, in case they didn't show up as expected.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

ErinPW wrote:
Lucyvp867 wrote:Yeah, since they double billed me for one teen pack and have completely ignored my support ticket? Hell will have ice bergs before I ever spend another single penny on this game.

Did you try to get your money back from your store? I read about, Apple and amazon give it back.

If you have a look to the Guides section. There should be advices how to get purchased packs, in case they didn't show up as expected.
I did, I don't know if this is new or not?

But before I clicked on "submit", a notice showed up that said if I got a refund then I would no longer get updates for this game. I found that very odd because I've never seen that wording before. Is that an iTunes thing or something the developers have done?

I found it extremely shady and why I will not be spending anymore money on this game. So, I get a refund through iTunes because of a mistake they made and I can no longer receive updates?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Lucyvp867 wrote:
ErinPW wrote:

I did, I don't know if this is new or not?

But before I clicked on "submit", a notice showed up that said if I got a refund then I would no longer get updates for this game. I found that very odd because I've never seen that wording before. Is that an iTunes thing or something the developers have done?

I found it extremely shady and why I will not be spending anymore money on this game. So, I get a refund through iTunes because of a mistake they made and I can no longer receive updates?
At the FM forum are several reports of purchase issues. Some people told, they got their money back, but I don't remember about not getting updates anymore. I can imagine that iTunes refuse to solve SFP/FM purchase problems, because there have been too many complaints.

But, look out for the a.m advices. Possibly you'll at least get the second teen pack, you've paid for.

I learned from the reports, the message "purchase failed" (or something like that) after giving the password to the store, means "message failed" So I wouldn't retry, until I see whether or not the amount has been charged.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

ErinPW - I really wish I had read through some messages here before purchasing that teen pack. I know it's only $5 but it's still money that I could have spent on maybe getting some SPs or something. However, this whole thing? Has made me not willing to risk more money on this game.

What happened was....

I aged my toddler into a pre-teen (I already had 2 pre-teens), then I aged one of those into a teen. I wanted to give her a boyfriend and it seemed cheaper to just adopt a teen. I kicked out two of my SIMS (i was at 31) so I could get him.

I went to adopt him and the game said I had to confirm something in iTunes in order for the purchase to go through. It took me to iTunes, I confirmed by entering my password. Then I had to reopen the game since it didn't take me back. I got the "transaction cancelled" notice. I waited a few hours and my teen did not show up. I checked my iTunes and didn't see the purchase so I figured it had really been cancelled. So, I tried again. My teen showed up, everything was fine. Till I got an email saying that I had purchased TWO teen packs!

I immediately went to iTunes to dispute the purchase and that was when I saw the notice that if I got the $5 back then I would not be allowed to update the game again. They had a link to the developer site (Zen Desk) and said to do that instead. I did and it's been over 36 hours later and I'm still waiting for them to even assign the case to somebody!!

I've been reading their help desk and it would appear that they have completely stopped helping people. Post after post with people asking why their purchase issue has not been resolved.

I'm extremely annoyed but at the end of the day? It was just $5. However, I did give them a scathing review in the iTunes Store due to the fact that it's going on almost 2 days and absolutely no communication from them. I've also sent them another email telling them that I will not spending another penny on this app till they resolve my purchase issue.

Again, HUGE mistake on their part because I play TSTO and I've spent over $500 in a year on that game. I don't spend money anywhere else, I rarely eat out, I gave up Starbucks (calories), so I choose to spend my money on games I like so they will do more content.

SIMs will not be getting any of that money.

I won't delete the game, I do enjoy it. I just will not be purchasing anything ever again.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Did you try the restore purchases button? I lost the fish tanks after my purchase and somebody on this board said there is a restore purchases button. Open your game and then click on that blue thing with the dots at the bottom, the thing that opens the menu for cloud save and other stuff. Click on the "i" on the left side and when that opens, look down at the bottom and see if there is a restore purchases button. Then click that. It restored my missing fish tanks for me last week. Maybe your second teen will show up? I don't know if your screen would be the same, I play on an iPad, but I don't think the restore purchases is iTunes, I think it's in the game.
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lucyvp867 »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Did you try the restore purchases button? I lost the fish tanks after my purchase and somebody on this board said there is a restore purchases button. Open your game and then click on that blue thing with the dots at the bottom, the thing that opens the menu for cloud save and other stuff. Click on the "i" on the left side and when that opens, look down at the bottom and see if there is a restore purchases button. Then click that. It restored my missing fish tanks for me last week. Maybe your second teen will show up? I don't know if your screen would be the same, I play on an iPad, but I don't think the restore purchases is iTunes, I think it's in the game.
I didn't know about this.

It said "there are no purchased packs to restore....". The game has truly just double billed me and eaten my money.

:cry:
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Urrgghh... That would make me mad, too. Darn, was hoping it would work for you... Maybe there is a time limit? Or if you saved, it wipes it out? Hopefully someone here knows, so if there is ever a next time, we'll know what to do.