Sims Freeplay on Lollipop / QHD compatible ?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
david

Sims Freeplay on Lollipop / QHD compatible ?

Post by david »

Are there any news about compatibility of the game regarding Android 5.0 Lollipop and QHD?

Thx David
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Sims Freeplay on Lollipop / QHD compatible ?

Post by bloodcool »

Not that I've heard of and I'm also quite concerned that SFP might have problem since Lollipop uses ART...
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

My Christmas present was Nexus 9 with Lollipop. So far no problems with SFP, everything works fine. Had used Nexus 7 before, it also got updated to Lollipop and it almost killed my poor old Nexus. It still works but very slow and crashes often. Granted it was older model but still it was holding up before.
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
david

Post by david »

Thanks for the good news about Lollipop!

Did you try to switch off your Nexus 7 completely after the update? Rebooting only doesn't help in all cases. I had extreme battery drain with an OnePlus One after an update once. Switching it off and back on instead of rebooting fixed it.

My second thought would be a factory reset . Quite inconvenient but way better than losing the device.

Greetings David
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Lollipop updates on Nexuses 7 (and 4 too, I think, didn't try) were problematic. I ended up having to reflash the previous factory image, start up cleanly and wait until it settled. Reboot. (Let it) Download the OTA and after that both Nexuses performed fine. (SFP too)

I also tried a custom Lollipop on my Asus Transformer and that one performed much better than any previous version.

I reverted to Kitkat 4.4.4 mostly because I can not stand all that white. It simply hurts my eyes in the evenings.
I might change to (a custom) Lollipop again once there are dark themes.