After you have all your needed orbs, then what?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

After you have all your needed orbs, then what?

Post by indigoace »

I need a total of 6 more Geeky orbs and 14 more Pet Fanatic orbs to finish building all the Arcade and the Pet Park sections, and I have 20 sims assigned. I've saved all the sims I want, and I have several slots left to make more orbs, but I don't need them. It seems wasteful to have a sim without a personality--with one, at least they leave something of value behind--but I'm not certain what to do with them.

For those who have built everything, what do you do?
ErinPW

Re: After you have all your needed orbs, then what?

Post by ErinPW »

I just play the way I want. I didn't open locations with orbs. As soon, as I had saved sims, they worked on LPs. Now I have 34 platinum-sims; they are working on LPs, SPs, Goals and quests. If I'm not there, they have time to relax :)

If adult sims could complete orbs, and we always could use orbs for everything without need to have them die, I'd probably play with personalities and orbs.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Twistedkitty »

ErinPW wrote:I just play the way I want. I didn't open locations with orbs. As soon, as I had saved sims, they worked on LPs. Now I have 34 platinum-sims; they are working on LPs, SPs, Goals and quests. If I'm not there, they have time to relax :)

If adult sims could complete orbs, and we always could use orbs for everything without need to have them die, I'd probably play with personalities and orbs.

I had never even thought about playing the game that way!! So simple :) I stopped orb grinding a number of months back when they introduced the pet park, I hated the choice of LD's available and the time they took was mind blowingly tedious. I also got discouraged with everything costing orbs to open! I currently have 9 platinum Sims but to have 34 is a job well done Erin, maybe I'll change my game play, as I mostly play to do the quests to unlock limited prizes & my town is pretty much how I'd like it for now.
1KrazyKanuck
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 1KrazyKanuck »

I hated the life dreams update and didn't bother orb grinding till a few months ago. I now have 13 permanent platinum original sims I wanted to save and I have 35 unused platinum orbs and counting. I have opened up everything possible using orbs so I am currently just orb grinding for the sake of orb grinding till the next challenge comes along. No point in saving any other sims as I'm sure there will be a need to orb grind for some new personality.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Twistedkitty wrote:[snip]I had never even thought about playing the game that way!! So simple :) I stopped orb grinding a number of months back when they introduced the pet park, I hated the choice of LD's available and the time they took was mind blowingly tedious. I also got discouraged with everything costing orbs to open! I currently have 9 platinum Sims but to have 34 is a job well done Erin, maybe I'll change my game play, as I mostly play to do the quests to unlock limited prizes & my town is pretty much how I'd like it for now.
When the LD&L came out, I played over a year already. My sims had everything they wanted (of the available stuff) :) So I could concentrate on destroying imagined robots in order to gain the needed platinum orbs to save my real sims.
Reading through the forum and FB all the time I see, for newer players it's not that easy :(
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I have everyone platinum saved with extras stockpiled for future sims. My goal now is earning LPs in the hopes of opening any new venues using them instead of orbs.
I had a bunch of different level orbs on hand as well so I've assigned them to my sims. I'm finding that I really don't mind the idea of life dreams as long as I don't have to advance anyone before I'm ready and I don't need to use the orbs as currency. Having an extra set of goals, in addition to weekly goals and hobbies helps direct my game, especially between quests...even though the quests have been coming in quick succession lately!
Updated town info in profile
Jessilynn83
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jessilynn83 »

I have noticed you can sell the inventoried orbs. Just a bronze is 40000. Not sure what silver, gold, and platinum are. I haven't gotten that far.

I gave up on the sims after the LD update and only played it when there were updates and new quests. However since the Halloween update it's been one quest after another so I've been playing more. I'm now determined to have at least one platinum house.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Silver is 90k, Gold is 150k(iirc) and Platinum is 300k

Well, back to the topic: I built everything with orbs, where possible in the least amount of time. Else I would have gone Erin's method, pay with LP since anyway I hoard LP alot.

So now, I have 18 platinum Sims that earns simoleons and I have the rest aging Sims grinding LPs from mainly hobbies relating to orbs, mainly sporty orb. I'd sell away the bronze orbs once I got them, then I recreate Sims again to repeat. But, now I hibernated from these and working on making more platinum families with babies/toddlers, cos I think my town need more kids to balance out the population.

Oh yah, I'm still working on the Cat Show towards level 5... :lol:
travneva
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by travneva »

I have everything built and have all the platinum orbs I need to save the sims I want to be immortalized. Now I just play the way I used to, doing what I want. I keep a few disposable sims around to earn orbs which I then sell for cash. It's kind of relaxing now that I don't need to worry about orb grinding, but at the same time I'm looking forward to whatever new personalities they come out with next.
Started December 2013
Level 54----16 Sims----TV 28.72 million
HFN 22 West Side
HH 1 East Side
Firepole, singing salmon, and 3* instruments @ Teen Idol Mansion