Fashion update: crash when starts

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
September
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Fashion update: crash when starts

Post by September »

Hello, after this update my game wont't start. (Android) The shortcut was also deleted from my homescreen so I accessed the app via the main menu. The problem is that the game shows the load screen en then says 'the Sims freeplay has stopped working'. Is there anyone else with this problem? And how can I fix this? Because I really don't want to delete it...
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Fashion update: crash when starts

Post by Perturbee »

I've moved your post from the quest topic, since it's a stand alone problem.

What you can try is the following:
- Go to the settings of your device
- Tap the Apps bar
- Scroll down to Freeplay and tap it
- Wait until your device is done with "Computing..." the occupied space
- Tap Clear Cache (DO NOT CLEAR OR DELETE DATA!)
- Restart your device
- Try starting Sims Freeplay

I did notice the same shortcut removal when I updated mine. You can simply create a new one. Usually by tap-holding the app in the app drawer, which causes a copy to hover on your home screen. Let go and you have a new shortcut.
Alternatively add the SFP widget to your home screen.
Christina
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Christina »

Also android. No problems with crashing but I have also lost my icon, and I cannot get the game to log back in to facebook, so cant save to the cloud or access neighbours.
HFN at 1 East Oceanside.
Haunted House
FB - Christina Rn
ya39eu
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ya39eu »

Android - crashes on handy and on tablet after update. But the interesting point is: on tablet i have a second games with a second user - and here it works
MayaRose
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MayaRose »

I have a similar problem on my new Android game. My game loads up fine but after I close it, then reopen it again sometime later, it freezes. I then have to force close it and then all my progress is lost. Today I lost the 10 hours my sim had been working on clearing up the stables, and I only have two more days to complete the quest. Not happy :(
GC name : MayaRose1138
HH & HFN: 1 & 2 Firehouse Rd
Music: 10 West Side. TV: $22mil
Firepole: 2 Bliss Docks
Animals: Volcano view

GC name: DragonStar249
HFN & HH: 2 & 3 Firehouse Rd
TV: $24mil
Other: same as game 1
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Christina wrote:Also android. No problems with crashing but I have also lost my icon, and I cannot get the game to log back in to facebook, so cant save to the cloud or access neighbours.
Use the (...) button to go to the settings, tap the exit (door) button there and start the game again. Check in the settings under the F button if your account is recognised, if it shows Unknown User log out and log in.
ya39eu wrote:Android - crashes on handy and on tablet after update. But the interesting point is: on tablet i have a second games with a second user - and here it works
Did you try the solution I mentioned?
MayaRose wrote:I have a similar problem on my new Android game. My game loads up fine but after I close it, then reopen it again sometime later, it freezes. I then have to force close it and then all my progress is lost. Today I lost the 10 hours my sim had been working on clearing up the stables, and I only have two more days to complete the quest. Not happy :(
Start the game, use the (...) button, then the exit button. This forces a save to your device. Then follow the steps in my post above. If that does not help, go into (...) use the cloud icon to save to the cloud and exit the game. Uninstall it and reinstall it, then download the saved game.
It sounds like a memory leak, which might also be caused by too many open programs with too little cache space left.
ya39eu
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ya39eu »

@perturbee - yes tried. On tablet additionaly reinstalled the play after trying. on both devices: freeplay starts - and then comes the message that the application stops
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

Christina wrote:Also android. No problems with crashing but I have also lost my icon, and I cannot get the game to log back in to facebook, so cant save to the cloud or access neighbours.
Closing SFP, logging to FB using FB app and then starting SFP helped me with the login issue, without opening FB app first the game was trying and trying to login and never succeded (android)
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

ya39eu wrote:@perturbee - yes tried. On tablet additionaly reinstalled the play after trying. on both devices: freeplay starts - and then comes the message that the application stops
There isn't anything else you can try that I can think of. Please report it here: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new
Christina
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Christina »

I solved the facebook issue by shuting the sims, logging out of facebook on chrome, shuting down the tablet, rebooting, logging back into facebook via chrome and then restarting the sims!
The log in feature of the game did not work same as Jaymart.
HFN at 1 East Oceanside.
Haunted House
FB - Christina Rn