Facebook connection (no neighbours)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Facebook connection (no neighbours)

Post by Perturbee »

Wow, that is a big problem. It seems that FB has changed something on the back end. This too used to work fine.

It starts to look like we no longer can use any work-around.
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

Hopefully they will fix it asap now, thanks for all your help though :-)
cadle2006
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by cadle2006 »

If someone still needs help getting neighbors back I've researched and actually found a way to fix it. Couple people have tried it with no fail.

Steps:

-Go into your game, under settingsclick cloud button, and click upload save data

-Now go into FB and remove SFP from your account

-Close all browser pages, make sure nothing is open

-Go into settings on your device and clear the cache on the browser (on a phone or tablet it is under apps)

-Go back to the SFP page on FB and click "Send to Mobile" and wait for it to say "Sent to Mobile"

- Go in your game in settings and log back into FB

I hope this works for you.
Meghanmonroe
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Neighbours missing with new update?

Post by Meghanmonroe »

I tried signing out on the mobile FB app, disallowing the Sims Freeplay access to my FB account and then giving it fresh access after logging in again, I even tried uninstalling the game and just downloading from The Cloud. It was a fresh log-in, but I'm still only showing one generic neighbor listed. Almost as if the game created it. I also followed a tutorial on YouTube that didn't help me. None of my 10-15 neighbors from FB are there anymore. Any other suggestions from anyone? :(
ErinPW

Re: Neighbours missing with new update?

Post by ErinPW »

Meghanmonroe wrote:I tried signing out on the mobile FB app, disallowing the Sims Freeplay access to my FB account and then giving it fresh access after logging in again, I even tried uninstalling the game and just downloading from The Cloud. It was a fresh log-in, but I'm still only showing one generic neighbor listed. Almost as if the game created it. I also followed a tutorial on YouTube that didn't help me. None of my 10-15 neighbors from FB are there anymore. Any other suggestions from anyone? :(
I have moved your post to a recent topic.
Reading that post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2723&p=32948#p32948 on page two, you should find the solution.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
HiddenFlame
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by HiddenFlame »

Is there any other way to fix no neighbours bug? I can't post the game to the device I want it, because I have no SIM card (so no number) in it. So this solution isn't alright for me, although it helped a lot of players it seems =)
Hell is empty and all the devils are here!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

HiddenFlame wrote:Is there any other way to fix no neighbours bug? I can't post the game to the device I want it, because I have no SIM card (so no number) in it. So this solution isn't alright for me, although it helped a lot of players it seems =)
You don't need to have a phone number attached. Install the FB app on it and try again.
See the more detailed post here: http://sfptips.perturbee.net/2015/05/an ... bours.html
HiddenFlame
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by HiddenFlame »

You don't need to have a phone number attached. Install the FB app on it and try again.
See the more detailed post here: (here should be the URL but can't post it yet)
Well I've followed the steps but the thing is if I go to my tablet on FB, find the game and click Play, the Google Play opens the downloading site and writes that the product isn't avilable in my country. That's just stupid because I've already have the downloaded app on the tablet. Should I delete it and try again or?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

HiddenFlame wrote:
See the more detailed post here: (here should be the URL but can't post it yet)
Well I've followed the steps but the thing is if I go to my tablet on FB, find the game and click Play, the Google Play opens the downloading site and writes that the product isn't avilable in my country. That's just stupid because I've already have the downloaded app on the tablet. Should I delete it and try again or?
You can safely ignore the Google Play part. It sends you to the North American version by default, so if you have it installed, no need to uninstall it.
You play the game through the shortcut in your apps drawer.
The no neighbours issue can only be fixed through the steps described, until an officially fixed version comes out.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Update 01 July: It's broken again, you can't use the work-around any more.