Facebook connection (no neighbours)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
JasonGFCO
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Facebook connection (no neighbours)

Post by JasonGFCO »

Is there any additional news on this particular issue?
I'm on an Android version 5.0.2 Lollipop with my HTC One (M7), the Facebook App version 37.0.0.48.234 (most recent), and Sims Freeplay App version 5.13.0 (I'm holding off updating at the moment for no real reason).

Yesterday, July 14th 2015, I experienced this issue where I got a message saying "failed to login" when I tried to manually create a backup cloud save for safety as I do from time to time. I noticed all of my friends have disappeared now and my friends have noticed this as well; apparently a lot of them used my H.ouse F.or N.eighbors since I finally made it possible to complete every neighborly task on one lot.

Despite Perturbee posting that it's broken again (above this post) on the 1st of July I still tried all steps listed in this thread. I never did get the "send to mobile" option to function as it would hang on "sending" every time but I tried various alternatives.

Things I've tried so far which have not helped (not in any particular order):"
· Removing App from App settings on Facebook via Facebook on a computer.
· Removing App from App settings on Facebook via Facebook App on phone.
· Clearing cache for Facebook App and any Browser Apps on phone.
· · I attempted to clear data after clearing the cache had no effect.
· Clearing cache for The Sims Freeplay App on phone.
· · I attempted to clear data after clearing the cache had no effect (forced a re-download of the game files and retrieving my last successful cloud save).
· Uninstalled and re-installed the Facebook App on my phone.
· Used my "cleaner" App to clean various aspects of my phone for me automatically (caches, junk, etc.)
· Attempted to "send to mobile" via The Sims Freeplay App Game page on Facebook via a computer (never got passed "sending").
· Attempted to open/start The Sims Freeplay via the App Game page on Facebook via the Facebook App on my phone thinking it would be similar to "send to mobile" and it ultimately redirected me to the Google Play Store which told me I needed to update The Sims Freeplay so I did not proceed.
· · · · · This is a pretty exhaustive list of what I've tried so far. I'm thinking I might need to update The Sims Freeplay App to the latest update as my version is still whatever came right before it (Dream Homes/DIY I believe). If anyone has any additional information I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I will just continued with the lesser functionality and hope it fixes itself at some point in the future.
Links to useful information
♪((└|o^▽^o|┐)) ~Sim enthusiast since 1989~ ((┌|o^▽^o|┘))♪
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

JasonGFCO wrote:Is there any additional news on this particular issue?
No, but keep an eye on https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... Top-Issues

The only work-around that does work, requires someone's iOS device. Disconnect the game from FB as described before, then on the iOS device log in (no need to download data or save anything, logging in sets the permissions). Make sure that the iOS device is not logged in with a FB app or inside the game!

I don't have any hopes on a fix with the upcoming update. If they have a fix, they would have made an announcement of some sorts.
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Perturbee wrote:If they have a fix, they would have made an announcement of some sorts.
Let's hope so - I rather rely on non-official pages like this one... Sadly, they do not keep the official announcement page up to date - the Villa issue (both with inaccessible areas and with the car inside) is fixed, but they never announced that... :|
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
JasonGFCO
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by JasonGFCO »

Perturbee wrote:The only work-around that does work, requires someone's iOS device. Disconnect the game from FB as described before, then on the iOS device log in (no need to download data or save anything, logging in sets the permissions). Make sure that the iOS device is not logged in with a FB app or inside the game!
My wife won another new iPAD Air 2 not all that long ago which took me a moment to find, open and setup but... Problem Solved! (for me at least). I was even able to avoid updating The Sims Freeplay on my Android (still no reason for this). In doing this it offered to have me login to Game Center but I was able to cancel out of that as well. It's just a shame I can't use this method to help others in the community who are experiencing this problem as well.

☆☆ Thank you for that information Perturbee. ☆☆
Links to useful information
♪((└|o^▽^o|┐)) ~Sim enthusiast since 1989~ ((┌|o^▽^o|┘))♪
SimGirl
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: unable to visit neighbors

Post by SimGirl »

I'm on kindle fire and I want to see my neighbours
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

From: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... Top-Issues
Facebook Friends missing

Some people may still be unable to view or add their Facebook friends.

This should be resolved in an upcoming update. At this time it is a matter of waiting for a future update.
bittergrapes
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by bittergrapes »

Is there any way to fix the bug now?
anismior
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by anismior »

bittergrapes wrote:Is there any way to fix the bug now?
If you still cant see neighbor after update, just remove sfp from fb app.. enter game and click on party boat
shdwasn
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Facebook No Neighbours Solution

Post by shdwasn »

Perturbee wrote:The solution for No Neighbours! (If you see only Another Sim Town and no friends).
Please note: this NO LONGER works.

If you have access to a friend's iOS (Apple) device, use step 1-4 to remove SFP from your FB account, then log in on the game on the iOS device. No need to save or load, only LOG IN INSIDE Sims Freeplay. After that you can see neighbours on your Android!

1. Log in to Facebook on....
i just tried with the new update and it works, thank you very much
bittergrapes
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by bittergrapes »

anismior wrote:
bittergrapes wrote:Is there any way to fix the bug now?
If you still cant see neighbor after update, just remove sfp from fb app.. enter game and click on party boat
Thank you, I'm going to try this and see if it worked. I got the dreaded "connect to server" screen and had to redownload (seven hours of game progress lost!!) but hopefully I'll be able to get my FB friends now!