Dance Machine is back!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Plumbbob_Simpants
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Dance Machine is back!

Post by Plumbbob_Simpants »

The Dance game advertised looks like the newer model. Might this one be available to us too?
Attachments
ibphotocollage20150502_074541.jpg
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Deedee wrote:I do too now... but I can NOT for the life of me decide if I want to get it or not. How much was it normally? What is the appeal of owning it, other than having everything available at home? From the sound of things, I won't have much time to goof off at home anyways - looks like I have at least a solid year of grinding ahead of me just to get the game where I think I want it to be based on things I'm learning here... well - before they change it again... and then who knows I guess. They sure do a great job of keeping us on tender hooks!
It was free for people who unlocked it back in 2012 but in making it available for everyone they also changed the price. Since the current price of 30SPs is the sale price I would say the regular price for it is 60SPs because sale prices usually are half off the original price.

I think the appeal would depend on the player. A lot of simmers want to have everything in the game and some don't care about things like that. It has one action to play "dance drop arcade machine" for 9 minutes and another sim can join in. If you can I would get at least one just to have it. There's no telling when, or even if, Firemonkeys will ever make it available again.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

I must be one of those people that doesn't care if I have everything or not - I have less than 300 SP and I just can't quite bring myself to part with 30 for this item. It's funny because in PC simming I always wanted every little thing, but I think in mobile it's less important to me because I think of this more as a strategy/time management game than a decorating/virtual dollhouse game. I wish it was, but I can't afford to play it like it was, so I just don't I guess. At least not so far - I'm so new I can be naive about things until further notice :)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

It's gone now and those who had it before (for free) are now charged § 100...
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Darn! I was just going to buy two more, and now they're gone!
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I wonder if they pulled it because Labor Day in the U.S. is September 7th. Maybe they were meaning Memorial Day (which is May 25th). Either way I'm hoping they bring it back. I missed buying one because I was still saving up. :(
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I think it was only meant to be available for a short time. The "Labor Day" part, I think, is suggestive of Internatioal Workers' Day which is on May 1st. The dance machine was made available the day before May 1st and now that May 1st has past it is gone.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

SIMazing wrote:I wonder if they pulled it because Labor Day in the U.S. is September 7th. Maybe they were meaning Memorial Day (which is May 25th). Either way I'm hoping they bring it back. I missed buying one because I was still saving up. :(
Just from the way things are worded and what some things are called, I get the impression that the developers are British, so this past Monday was "Labour day" there.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

EA is in California, and FM (the developers) are in Australia. If it had been International Workers Day, they could have said that. Same if it were Labour Day. But they wrote Labor Day, a big holiday in the U.S. (many schools don't even start their fall session until after Labor Day so families can celebrate). I don't know how they celebrate in other countries, but here we have big get togethers and BBQ's, and a dance machine would fit right into the idea of home-partying. So I'm still hopeful.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

The funny thing is that US/Canada/Australia (and a few others) are the only ones with a non 1st of May Labour day....
The UK calls it May Bank Holiday for political reasons, if I'm not mistaken. In any case Labour day or workers day has an interesting history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... ers%27_Day

I doubt this was intended for the first Monday in September, not a likely slip-up, but stranger things have happened.