What device do you use to play freeplay

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

What device do you use to play freeplay

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

I'm just curious what all of you use to play the game. When I started playing I was using an iPhone 4s then got the iPhone 6plus. I just started using an iPad mini a couple days ago and am amazed how I can really see everything on a bigger screen. I still use the 6plus to build houses though because I've not yet mastered where everything is on the iPad.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: What device do you use to play freeplay

Post by chamilet »

I switch between my iPad and my iPhone 5. I have to be careful not to click on the party boat if it's blinking at me until I'm sure I have the most updated version on my device!!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I use my Kindle Fire. It has a nice sized screen too.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I use a full sized iPad. My second game is on a 7 inch Android tablet and the difference is quite something. I find I get fat fingered on the smaller screen and have trouble tapping on things. Also there's the obvious difference in how clearly you can see the detail.
No way could I manage on a phone! I'm getting on a bit and my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be :geek:
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

I played for over 2 years on Android phones. But now for the past year I've been playing on iPad Air. Can't believe I played that long on a 5" screen! I play exclusively on my iPad Air now and love the detail & ease of building. I feel the bigger screen makes the game better. I'll never go back to playing on a phone.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

There is an old thread about devices here too: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115
I have mostly Androids (from 4.5" to 24") and an iPod 4th gen.
Sims Freeplay on 24" :)
Sims Freeplay on 24" :)
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

I started on iPad and then used the cloud to put it on my Note 4 "phablet" (really large) android phone for when I'm on the go and now I mostly play on a galaxy tab pro or my phone. But I still backup from the cloud to the iPad once a week or so for safe keeping.

I would LOVE to install on my android TV box but stupid play store says it's not compatible even though I have a touchpad bluetooth keyboard paired to it.

OH that is just mirrored over for viewing? Maybe I can do that :)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Deedee wrote:I would LOVE to install on my android TV box but stupid play store says it's not compatible even though I have a touchpad bluetooth keyboard paired to it.

OH that is just mirrored over for viewing? Maybe I can do that :)
It runs fine on my Minix 8-H, but I had to copy the APK onto it. The store states indeed that it's incompatible (which never stopped me before). It is possible to run it in 4K mode, but my screen is "only" HD (1080p) which still looks impressive enough to me.

I never tried or needed mirroring, the little box is more powerful than any other device I own. (Except for my PC, obviously).
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

I can't even imagine what it'd be like to play on something bigger than my mini. Right now the clarity with that blew me away! :lol: Could you imagine playing on a 72" TV screen? Now that would seriously blow my mind!!!! :shock: :lol:
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Perturbee wrote:It runs fine on my Minix 8-H.
OK installing on my MXIII as we speak. I only really PLAY one game, but this will be fun to see. Here's a link for the little bluetooth keyboard with touchpad I use with it, $15 delivered, so easy to get in any case. The little remote that comes with the MXIII is very handy for the home and back button, but for everything else, the little keyboard is perfect.