Problem with BlueStacks

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Sim Player
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Problem with BlueStacks

Post by Sim Player »

Hi!

I have installed the Sim FreePlay using BlueStacks. It works fine but there is one problem that the items in the home store are not visible. Only tiles, wallpaper and plants are visible.

Items in the wardrobe are also not visible.

When I created my sim, everything was like this and I just clicked on random Sim. On the Level Up screen, I can see dishes, plants, wallpapers and floor and nothing else. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. What should I do?
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Problem with BlueStacks

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

Sim Player wrote:Hi!

I have installed the Sim FreePlay using BlueStacks. It works fine but there is one problem that the items in the home store are not visible. Only tiles, wallpaper and plants are visible.

When I created my sim, everything was like this and I just clicked on random Sim. On the Level Up screen, I can see dishes, plants, wallpapers and floor and nothing else. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. What should I do?
What is bluestacks?
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote:
Sim Player wrote:Hi!

What is bluestacks?
Glad I'm not the only one! :D I had to look it up.

According to Wikipedia:

Bluestacks is an American tech company that produces the BlueStacks App Player and other cloud-based cross-platform products. The BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on Windows PCs and Macintosh computers.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

Ok. I've never heard of it. It's a little too tech for me. Sorry I can't help.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Sim Player wrote:I have installed the Sim FreePlay using BlueStacks. It works fine but there is one problem that the items in the home store are not visible.
Bluestacks isn't supported by SFP. From the various mentions on FB and people's experiences it seems bluestacks version dependent.
If I remember correctly you need the 0.9.0 - 4203 to run SFP without too many problems.
You can find older releases on the XDA wiki: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Bl ... App_Player
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

I have the same problem with Bluestacks, I run version 0.9.23-1, build 5311 from the page Perturbee mentioned. It is a modified, pre-rooted version. Only thing I could find related to graphics was to make sure that the drivers for your graphics card are up to date. But my card is so old that there aren't any newer drivers so I can't test if that makes a difference.
On older versions I didn't have this problem (0.7.-) but performance was terrible, the game wasn't playable as it was so slow.
I'm going to try the version Perturbee mentioned and see if that makes a difference.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Does anyone know how to get notifications for BlueStack on Mac?
Last edited by mommacude on 02 Aug 2015, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

... (removing some sensitive information)
Last edited by +.jana.+ on 02 Aug 2015, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

This is probably too obvious to be useful, but are you sure you have notifications turned on from inside the game? :)
image.jpg
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

DelDel wrote:
This is probably too obvious to be useful, but are you sure you have notifications turned on from inside the game? :)
image.jpg
Yes but it never hurts to ask! :)
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.