Sims losing their tasks

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
simmerjulz
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Sims losing their tasks

Post by simmerjulz »

There is an issue I've been having that when I re-enter the game after a few hours the sims are not busy doing what they were set to do. The sim tracker shows them all available. It's very difficult to complete the quest this way, not to mention losing out on xp and simolians from gardening as well as any competition gains. I have tried logging out/in and that seems to help a bit but the issue persists.

I have seen other users post about this problem on the Facebook page so I know I'm not alone. I tried clearing out more memory on my phone so will see if that helps. Any thoughts?
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Sims losing their tasks

Post by telemwill »

I have this problem too. I hoped it was a one time issue, but it has happened the last three times I've logged into the game. I am crushed.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Also, can someone please supply the link for reporting bugs to FM. I've tried searching Bing. I looked here on the forum too. I wonder if we could make it a sticky somewhere, maybe the tips forum. I can never find it when I need it.

Never mind: It's the question mark in the game.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

So sorry for the triple post, but I may have found a work around for this. So far, when I leave from the infant's lot with a Sim there active, I am able to return to the game without an issue. When I leave from another lot, I come back to idle Sims. If you are having this issue, please let us know if this work around helps you or not. It could be just a coincidence, but so far it has worked every time for me.

Edit: And now it has stopped working. No way I'm going to get a 12 hour task completed. I guess I'll have to use lots of life points if I want to finish this quest.
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I've just found this thread and I am having the idle sims problem too. Are you both on android?
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I am on Kindle.
simmerjulz
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by simmerjulz »

I'm on Android. I keep logging off and on before exiting and along will clearing some more memory haven't had the issue since posting, knock on wood.
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I think I'll give the logging off then logging on a try and see what happens.
mwhahaha
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by mwhahaha »

Same problem.. Android user. Very disappointment since I cannot perform the baby tasks now.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I cleared the cache on mine. I was able to get through the hand washing task so far. I'll have to see if it keeps working. I'm also continuing to leave from the infant's house since I've had more success with that, although not 100%. Might be just a coincidence.

Edit: And it's back to it's old tricks. Idle Sims again. Trying a reinstall.