Touch pet = crash

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Touch pet = crash

Post by Deedee »

All my sims are busy... most at work, so I figured I'd check on some pet happiness bars but every time I touch a pet, my game freezes and then crashes!

Has anyone else had this inability to touch pets alone on lots (can be other pets just no sims)?
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Touch pet = crash

Post by DelDel »

I haven't experienced game crashing due to what you mentioned. I'm so sorry though that yours is crashing.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I've had that problem before too DeeDee but it just seemed to rectify itself one day. I hope someone can help you sort it....have you tried totally closing the game and opening it fresh again?
Qendresa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Qendresa »

At my game , when I click a pet i can't hug or play with him it is only an option -Rename .
Qëndresa Selimi
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Qendresa wrote:At my game , when I click a pet i can't hug or play with him it is only an option -Rename .
Is the pet blocked or maybe busy?
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

LovemySims wrote:I've had that problem before too DeeDee but it just seemed to rectify itself one day. I hope someone can help you sort it....have you tried totally closing the game and opening it fresh again?
Yeah, I totally rebooted my device with a power down. Same thing tho... if a sim is on the lot - no problems but if the pet is home alone or with other pets ( including fairies) then touching them crashes the game.

Maybe it's always done it and I just didn't notice it seems like a bug. So other players can take all the sims off the lot and then return and tap a pet without crashing?

@Qendresa: are you referring to touching the pet when it's alone on the lot, or just in general?
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I just tested mine Dee and it's not doing it on mine anymore, the options for the pet just come up when I click on him and he is alone on the lot.
Are you updated to the very latest release? I'm sorry I cannot be of more help!
shamrock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by shamrock »

Dedee wrote:So other players can take all the sims off the lot and then return and tap a pet without crashing?
I have tested that for a while and it does not crash the game for me. FWIW, I am using SFP 5.15.2 (Baby Steps) on an Android tablet.
Romance Update | Android | lvl 55
Played since the Carnival Update

Goodbye
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Baby Steps on android here too. I can see why different bugs or problems plague the PC game as it's heavily modded so results would vary - but this game is not modded or even moddable and yet some people have problems and others not. It's strange. Like the android friends bug, I don't have any problems with my facebook friends at all. Perhaps the difference is that I had a GC account first and FB second, who knows. I don't really have to click on the pets when nobody is around - I can still collect §§s and LPs by clicking bubbles and just leave the pet alone- it's not like if they aren't happy I can do anything about it when they're home alone anyway - it was just something weird I hadn't noticed before. Maybe it will sort itself out at some point too. Thanks to those who tested it, I really do appreciate that!
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

I haven't been able to pet->crash the game, although I did try.

The Android FB issue is very different from this, it affects people in two ways. Those who authorized access to FB from the game Before the Fashion update, see max 26 random friends. Those who authorized the game (on Android) on or after the Fashion update don't see their friends. This can be fixed by logging in on the same account in an iOS version of the game, but most people don't have that luxury. Those who authorized the game to access their FB account on iOS first (which I think is your case) are only affected by the 26 limit on Android.
There is a separate thread about this issue and it's really sad they still haven't fixed it.