Level 55

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Level 55

Post by Noodle doodle »

Hi - I've been on level 55 for yonks now, and I really don't see any advantage of collecting XPs...anymore...as nothing appears to change even when you collect lots.
Is it just me noticing this or am I missing something here? Please let me know if we gain anything by collecting them.
I really need more space for new /different homes and I am really bored with the game now. I've lots of houses empty as the number of sims still hasn't increased and I am probably one player who still has the regulation number of sims 34 allowable.(I never managed to increase my folk, as I'm rubbish at the glitches! )
The fashion hunter screwed me completely, as despite my efforts to actually gain the rewards I had to end up paying the Apple Store for a bunch of LPs as the time ran out! Grrrrr!
I thought that the Mall sky diving would be another hobby - but no!
Cheers,
Noodles ;)
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol:
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Level 55

Post by Chezza »

Hi there, as far as I am aware level 55 is the maximum level. I've been on 55 for months, I still collect the xp from town because I noticed the number going up, right now mine's at 8%. You never know when they may decide to increase the levels :)
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

As I see it, once you've reached level 55 there isn't any advantage to collecting XP, either.

Yes, you can reach all the way to 100% of level 55 and yes, it does take a ton of XP to increase just 1% but you don't get anything special for getting to 100% of level 55. And if they do add more levels there's a chance that you would have enough XP to be automatically bumped to the new max. I was at either %17 or 27% of the then current max level when they added two more levels and was automatically bumped to level 55. Getting two extra levels was kind of a letdown, it meant nothing to me. They would have to add a lot more than two more levels for XP to matter to me again.

I did feel a sense of freedom because now I will cancel a sim's action without worrying about the loss of XP and use that as a way to keep some sims inspired.

Sorry about your Fashion Hunter experience. :( To make these hobbies a little difficult is one thing. It honestly wouldn't be fun if it was super easy to do. But it has gotten to the point where it seems they are deliberately designed to make players use (and buy) LP. :evil:

P.S. I still have only 34 sims!!! :D
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Noodle doodle »

Thanks for the answers!
It's nice to know that you, Mockingbird are not bothered by the collection of XPs...makes me feel better as you are an ace on the game! You are my muse!
Cheers
Noodles X
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol:
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Before reaching level 55, I not zealous in collecting the XP, but just want to ensure that the Sims are inspired (so that they don't become walkers). After reaching level 55, I still continue to do what I usually set for them: go work/school, grow hamburger plants or simply idle (singing fishes are available)
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

I've been at 55 for awhile, and am now 37% through it. I still have my most of my Sims grind for XPs (other than the dedicated cooks) when there isn't an event going on because of some ridiculous hope that it may benefit my game, if they add more levels. Having the ability to easily bump to the 100 mil simolean-cap, there's not much else for me to do other than home improvement...

They need to up the SIM-count! :D
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I've just reached 1% on level 55. It took so long I was convinced that the % didn't go up on this level. I was used to gaining roughly 1% per day on level 54 so it's much slower.
I'm not making a concentrated effort to collect XP. I'll just keep doing what I do and watch the meter creep up slowly.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
2012bethany
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 2012bethany »

I've been on level 55 for a couple months now ... it has changed my game play as now I am not concerned about XP at all - I have sims gardening and cooking at central houses and they never go home (really, they still earn xp but not as much as when they do the actions at home) with my new gameplay, I am gaining simeoleons and LP much faster now so I look at is an advantage to not have to worry about xp
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Congrats bluebeariscool!
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Oh I forgot... I was gonna add I'm still on level 54 and it seems to me that it's creeping super slow too. Once I get to 55 I could care less about the XP. It will just be nice to finally be at 55
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: