Well that's another limited time prize they screwed up

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
MamaBear0903
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Well that's another limited time prize they screwed up

Post by MamaBear0903 »

I will now miss out on the limited time prize for the makeup artist hobby, because my sims are frozen at the beginning of it. I set them to doing this 4.5 hour task 6 hours ago. They have 4.5 hours to go. They look like a scratched DVD in their actions, too; keep skipping back from the middle of what they're doing to the beginning. So much for that prize. <_< Last glitch I missed baby overalls, which I really wanted...now this. T_T
Can you show me how I'm guilty?--Zao
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Well that's another limited time prize they screwed up

Post by Huaca Flora »

I feel really sorry for you.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Are you able to cancel their action so they can start again?
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

To prevent this from happening, we need to wait for both Sims to begin browsing the make-up kiosks with their task action stated 'Browse Make-up'

I've encountered this many times because I exit the mall before both Sims start browsing and 4.5hrs later, they in 'DVD-scratch' mode... and yes, I spent a lot of LPs just to complete it because I'm only halfway completed with less than 12 hours left...
MamaBear0903
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MamaBear0903 »

Well I'd already had to spend a bunch of LP because of my own dumb mistakes, so I really didn't want to spend more. I just cancelled and started over, but I'm probably going to miss the prize now. :-( Guess I'll be waiting until both sims meander their ways up the escalators now so it doesn't stick again. Still a bit annoying. I never seem to win special prizes because my sims just never seem to want to complete a hobby in a week. (I still haven't completed the musical expressions hobby, and I've been trying since the baby update came out! My babies keep aging before I get the last one...)
Can you show me how I'm guilty?--Zao
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

MamaBear0903 wrote:[...] (I still haven't completed the musical expressions hobby, and I've been trying since the baby update came out! My babies keep aging before I get the last one...)
You could revert the baby's age for one LP instead of starting over with leveling up another baby.
Just a thought :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

bloodcool wrote:To prevent this from happening, we need to wait for both Sims to begin browsing the make-up kiosks with their task action stated 'Browse Make-up'

I've encountered this many times because I exit the mall before both Sims start browsing and 4.5hrs later, they in 'DVD-scratch' mode... and yes, I spent a lot of LPs just to complete it because I'm only halfway completed with less than 12 hours left...
I've seen this a couple of times even when I waited for them to start browsing, I changed to wait till they actually face eachother and the time is counting down. This bug is beyond frustrating.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Mamabear, I feel your pain! I started with the musical expression hobby as soon as possible in the baby update. Had to use some LP to complete the grid because I wanted the time limited prizes (I am so sick of timed prizes now and not enough time that I only use LP if I really, really want the item) I have one platimum baby and he has been playing that xylophone non stop ever since I reset the grid after that first time and he has STILL not filled the grid again, not once, to start getting the new outfits. Same with my toddler doing the finger painting. Guess my little ones will just carry on in their old outfits.
I was too busy to update with glitz and glam straight away so now I have 24 hours left on the make up hobby and 4 spaces to fill ... trying to decide how much I want that dressing table!
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I've not filled the finger painting hobby grid once since resetting it and I've given up on it at the moment as it's frustrating me!
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

I finally collected all the outfits from the musical expression hobby thanks to the help of all my neighbours :) These hobbies are so long, I still have two sims doing the makeup artist hobby and have just completed it once.
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55