(Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
dman2simmer
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 00:28

Re: (Game Center) I need a neighbor!

Post by dman2simmer » 15 Jul 2017, 06:43

Any options for Android Users WITHOUT Facebook??

Loving Sims FP, would enjoy sharing my works with others, I can't connect with anyone as I don't have FB!
I don't wanna Have To get FB just to make friends on Sims!

Do the developers ever see these threads for ideas??

Thanks
Dman.

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3586
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by ErinPW » 15 Jul 2017, 07:21

dman2simmer wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 06:43
Any options for Android Users WITHOUT Facebook??

Loving Sims FP, would enjoy sharing my works with others, I can't connect with anyone as I don't have FB!
I don't wanna Have To get FB just to make friends on Sims!

Do the developers ever see these threads for ideas??

Thanks
Dman.
Welcome to the forum!
I have moved your post to the Google Play Games topic.
A member reported that it works again for adding neighbors. The developers haven't announced this, but it's worth a try.

To reach the developers you can submit a ticket at the Firemonkeys Help Center.
Halloween, 5.33.3
iOS 11.1.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

User avatar
theENDtype
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:57

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by theENDtype » 18 Jul 2017, 00:49

I can also confirm that adding neighbors via Google+ is working again. I just added a few people tonight to go over 15 neighbors and they showed up on my list in-game.

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 140
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by contrarysims » 06 Aug 2017, 01:08

Now that Google+ neighbours seem to be working again, I've made a profile to connect to the game:
https://plus.google.com/112364972412610127069

Definitely preferable to adding lots of strangers on Facebook.

Feel free to add me if you need neighbours, I have everything for social tasks at the house next to the high school.
Facebook and Google+ links in profile (please mention this forum)
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 140
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by contrarysims » 06 Aug 2017, 02:57

Hmm, so I've followed a few people from this thread, but they aren't showing in my game. I can see only one of the players that I have followed under People in Play Games, but they aren't in my neighbours list in Sims Freeplay.

I tried the advice in the first post, but I don't have the options to edit circle permissions in settings. This is what my permissions settings looks like:
Screenshot_20170806-125152.png
Anybody have any ideas?
Facebook and Google+ links in profile (please mention this forum)
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5165
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
Contact:

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by mockingbird288z » 13 Aug 2017, 19:49

contrarysims wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 02:57
Hmm, so I've followed a few people from this thread, but they aren't showing in my game. I can see only one of the players that I have followed under People in Play Games, but they aren't in my neighbours list in Sims Freeplay.

I tried the advice in the first post, but I don't have the options to edit circle permissions in settings. This is what my permissions settings looks like:
Screenshot_20170806-125152.png

Anybody have any ideas?
I had this problem when I first tried to set up a google play games account. I eventually found a way to edit the permissions settings but that stopped working about a month later when someone else tried to follow those steps. Perturbee suggested to try this. But then later found that it was a problem with google play games which is what I believe precipitated FM saying they could no longer support adding neighbors through Google Play.

Officially, FM still doesn't support adding neighbors through Google Play so I'm not sure there is much you can do. :(
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
2017 Halloween Update

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 140
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by contrarysims » 13 Aug 2017, 20:46

mockingbird288z wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 19:49
contrarysims wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 02:57
Hmm, so I've followed a few people from this thread, but they aren't showing in my game. I can see only one of the players that I have followed under People in Play Games, but they aren't in my neighbours list in Sims Freeplay.

I tried the advice in the first post, but I don't have the options to edit circle permissions in settings. This is what my permissions settings looks like:
Screenshot_20170806-125152.png

Anybody have any ideas?
I had this problem when I first tried to set up a google play games account. I eventually found a way to edit the permissions settings but that stopped working about a month later when someone else tried to follow those steps. Perturbee suggested to try this. But then later found that it was a problem with google play games which is what I believe precipitated FM saying they could no longer support adding neighbors through Google Play.

Officially, FM still doesn't support adding neighbors through Google Play so I'm not sure there is much you can do. :(
Yeah, I get pretty much the same lack of options at that link from Peturbee. Strange that it started working again for only some people. And it really is a shame to only have the option of using facebook, when fb has so many limitations and conditions that are straight up designed to prevent you from using your account for gaming. I really wish they would look into fixing it again.
Facebook and Google+ links in profile (please mention this forum)
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

missmaimai
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 09:08

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by missmaimai » 14 Oct 2017, 09:12


Jaders1981
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 3
Joined: 16 Nov 2017, 04:04

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by Jaders1981 » 16 Nov 2017, 05:57

Hey hope I'm not bothering you but how do you get an auction podium? Also I'm trying to find out if any of my neighbors have an auction podium - is there a way for you to explain what one looks like to me please?

Jaders1981
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 3
Joined: 16 Nov 2017, 04:04

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by Jaders1981 » 16 Nov 2017, 07:08

I don't know if you can actually see this response if it's just posted up on the wall or what but I do have Facebook and I just started playing the Sims Freeplay on my phone, but if you do figure out another way to find/get friends I am also looking for friends/neighbors so please let me know if you're still looking for some. :)

Post Reply