(Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ThisIsGospel42
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: (Google Play Games) Neighbour requests

Post by ThisIsGospel42 »

Can you add me please? I need a fire hydrant. ThisisGospel42 on Game Center thanks!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I've been trying to get my game set up with Google Play games. I've got that all set up and have logged into my Google play account, saved my game to the cloud, followed Perturbee and added her to the FreePlay circle I created....as she wasn't showing up as a friend I followed the link to the "apps connected to your account" page.

Sims FreePlay was listed so I clicked on it. It had Google+ listed but instead of saying, "Know the list of people in your circles, your age range, and language" with a place to edit the circles it just says "know your age range and language" with no place to add circles.

I'm assuming it's a security thing but I've looked all over and can't find anything that would allow FreePlay access to my circles. I've googled all day and can't find anything, either. I'm not well versed in any of these Google things. I had just created the Google+ account, and the Google Play Games account so it may be a fairly easy solution but I am stumped. How do I get FreePlay access to my circles?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

mockingbird288z wrote:Sims FreePlay was listed so I clicked on it. It had Google+ listed but instead of saying, "Know the list of people in your circles, your age range, and language" with a place to edit the circles it just says "know your age range and language" with no place to add circles.
Is there not an "Edit List" link there? I was able to click it, then check the circle(s) I wanted it to use.
If it's not there, then like you said, must be some other option somewhere...

Have you signed in to your Google Play account on Sims Freeplay itself? - Maybe you have to do that first??
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Well, so far Google has been a frustrating experience but I have managed to add a bunch of neighbours and they are actually showing up in my game!!
A big part of my problem is that I usually only use this tablet as an ereader so I'm not great with navigating around in general.
If anyone wants to add me, my profile is:
https://plus.google.com/112998962786012712013
Updated town info in profile
mockingbird288z

HordePrime wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Sims FreePlay was listed so I clicked on it. It had Google+ listed but instead of saying, "Know the list of people in your circles, your age range, and language" with a place to edit the circles it just says "know your age range and language" with no place to add circles.
Is there not an "Edit List" link there? I was able to click it, then check the circle(s) I wanted it to use.
If it's not there, then like you said, must be some other option somewhere...

Have you signed in to your Google Play account on Sims Freeplay itself? - Maybe you have to do that first??
Correct, there isn't an "Edit List" link. It only shows this:
Google_plus_freeplay.jpg
I have signed into my Google Play account on the game itself. I've even saved my game to the cloud. I tried removing Freeplay access, logging out of Google Play, logging back in and agreeing to the FreePlay access. When I am asked if FreePlay can access my info it doesn't have "the list of people in your circles" listed as something FreePlay will access, either. :? I can't find anything, anywhere that would allow me to give FreePlay access to my circles.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

The people in my circle didn't show up in my game until I rebooted the device.
mockingbird288z

Debbilu_7 wrote:The people in my circle didn't show up in my game until I rebooted the device.
I tried that already and then once again today and no dice. :( I uninstalled the game and am reinstalling it right now. If that doesn't work I don't know what else to try.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Did you add people through Google+ or Google Play Games? I added people through Google+...they all show up in the party boat but in Play Games, it says no one I know plays this game yet.
I don't claim to know anything really lol....I found the multiple google apps confusing and frustrating--they seem to share some things but not others but, somehow it's working now.
mockingbird288z

Debbilu_7 wrote:Did you add people through Google+ or Google Play Games? I added people through Google+...they all show up in the party boat but in Play Games, it says no one I know plays this game yet.
I don't claim to know anything really lol....I found the multiple google apps confusing and frustrating--they seem to share some things but not others but, somehow it's working now.
I followed Perturbee on Google+. I first created the Google+ account, then the Google Play Games account, and then I logged into Google Play through SFP. I was able to save my game to the cloud and I've since downloaded from the cloud using that account. Once I got all that set up I followed Perturbee. I wanted to have a designated SFP circle anyway so I created one and added Perturbee to it. Perturbee showed up in the Google Play app as a player I was following. But did not show up as a neighbor. I did all the good stuff (exited the game, rebooting device) and nothing. So I looked at the opening post and followed the links. The second link (the permissions one) started off fine. It showed SFP as an app connected to my account but when I clicked on it there wasn't an "Edit link" where I could select which circles I wanted SFP to have access to. I removed SFP's access a couple of times but I still couldn't get the "Edit link".

Last night and for most of today Perturbee showed up in the Google Play app as someone I was following. This evening she wasn't there. So I first just straight out deleted my Google Play account. Then I stopped following Perturbee, and deleted the SFP circle I created. I remade my Google Play account, logged into FreePlay with it, and started following Perturbee again on Google+. She is back in the Google Play app as someone I'm following but is not showing up as a neighbor. I rebooted my device again and still she isn't showing as a neighbor. And in the permissions for apps it still does not have a place where I can choose which circles SFP has access to.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of starting completely over, deleting my Google+ account, the Google Play Games account...cause I really have no idea what to do.
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote:
Debbilu_7 wrote:Did you add people through Google+ or Google Play Games? I added people through Google+...they all show up in the party boat but in Play Games, it says no one I know plays this game yet.
I followed Perturbee on Google+. I first created the Google+ account, then the Google Play Games account, and then I logged into Google Play through SFP. I was able to save my game to the cloud and I've since downloaded from the cloud using that account. Once I got all that set up I followed Perturbee. I wanted to have a designated SFP circle anyway so I created one and added Perturbee to it. Perturbee showed up in the Google Play app as a player I was following. But did not show up as a neighbor. I did all the good stuff (exited the game, rebooting device) and nothing. So I looked at the opening post and followed the links. The second link (the permissions one) started off fine. It showed SFP as an app connected to my account but when I clicked on it there wasn't an "Edit link" where I could select which circles I wanted SFP to have access to. I removed SFP's access a couple of times but I still couldn't get the "Edit link".

Last night and for most of today Perturbee showed up in the Google Play app as someone I was following. This evening she wasn't there. So I first just straight out deleted my Google Play account. Then I stopped following Perturbee, and deleted the SFP circle I created. I remade my Google Play account, logged into FreePlay with it, and started following Perturbee again on Google+. She is back in the Google Play app as someone I'm following but is not showing up as a neighbor. I rebooted my device again and still she isn't showing as a neighbor. And in the permissions for apps it still does not have a place where I can choose which circles SFP has access to.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of starting completely over, deleting my Google+ account, the Google Play Games account...cause I really have no idea what to do.
I finally got to a place where I could choose which circles Sims FreePlay has access to. I haven't checked the game, yet because I just did it but I'm hoping! I had to switch to the classic G+ settings then go to "Manage apps and +1's on posts". SFP is listed (shows as Disconnected, though so that might still be a problem) and I could click on an edit button on the right hand side, clicked "advanced connection settings" and got the pop up "People the Sims Freeplay can see". I've selected the circles I want and crossing my fingers.