Views on VIP points

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
mockingbird288z

Re: Views on VIP points

Post by mockingbird288z »

:)
JakeSim wrote:I'm going to ask here since this is the most recent related thread.
I've been thinking to purchase the pool cleaner in my game but since I've never spent money in the game I don't have a clue. In the menu when you reset the game it says your purchases will not be restored something like that, does that mean I will loose whatever I've purchased if I do it? And about the VIP points are those spent like currency or they work as the leveling in the game that a certain level unlocks some packs? Thank you.
You would lose any currency you had bought but if you would be able to keep items you had bought. In one of the menus (can't remember which at the moment) there is a "Restore Purchases" button to get items you had bought back if you were to start a new game.

The VIP points work as the leveling in the game does. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

mockingbird288z wrote::)
JakeSim wrote:I'm going to ask here since this is the most recent related thread.
I've been thinking to purchase the pool cleaner in my game but since I've never spent money in the game I don't have a clue. In the menu when you reset the game it says your purchases will not be restored something like that, does that mean I will loose whatever I've purchased if I do it? And about the VIP points are those spent like currency or they work as the leveling in the game that a certain level unlocks some packs? Thank you.
You would lose any currency you had bought but if you would be able to keep items you had bought. In one of the menus (can't remember which at the moment) there is a "Restore Purchases" button to get items you had bought back if you were to start a new game.

The VIP points work as the leveling in the game does. :)
It's one of the options when you tap the i for information. I didn't know about it til quite recently, but a while back when I temporarily loaded my daughter's game onto my device in order to get her the fish tanks I discovered that if you've bought something previously going into the store to buy it again will also 'restore the purchase' ... so my daughter accidentally got her fish for free.
HFN is by the fire station.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

OK thank you I'll go and get it now.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

VIP is more like leveling .. you get special benefits which may or may not be worth it, according to your perspective. I have never lost a purchase by resetting.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

In addition to the other replies
After purchasing any packs save manually to the cloud as soon as you got them in the game!
In case you have to reset or re-install your game, you can download your saved data and get back everything you had saved. (A backup of your game on a computer, or at least a cloud save with a second game account, would be a good idea, I think.)

In case you reset the game and start a new one, you can use the "Restore purchases" button. You'll get objects like the pool cleaner or the starter pack with white furniture or the bathing suits for the new game. The currencies and the VIP level will not be restored. I the beginning of VIP, the perks have been restored for some packs except for currencies. But as far as I read this has changed with one of the following updates.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Thank you for the info I think it's not good that the VIP level can not be restored because the game has many bugs and sometimes your are obliged to restore for example I was in the balconies quest and in the task "court another sim" one sim gets stuck and I almost reset the game but fortunately just closing the game fixed it. I don't think I ever need to purchase currencies so I'm not worried.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

JakeSim wrote:Thank you for the info I think it's not good that the VIP level can not be restored because the game has many bugs and sometimes your are obliged to restore for example I was in the balconies quest and in the task "court another sim" one sim gets stuck and I almost reset the game but fortunately just closing the game fixed it. I don't think I ever need to purchase currencies so I'm not worried.
In that case you would download/restore your last cloud save after resetting the game.
That's one of the reasons why it's so important to manually save the game to the cloud. Especially after purchasing (no matter what) from the online store.
iOS 17.4.1

JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Ok ok let me see, I think I wasn't understanding. The problem is when you reset the game without restoring the claud save? If I restore it all my purchases will be untouched including VIP level, is this correct? I haven't made the purchase, something went wrong with my Google account otherwise I would test it myself.
I'm sorry for all the questions. :)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

JakeSim wrote:Ok ok let me see, I think I wasn't understanding. The problem is when you reset the game without restoring the claud save?
Yes. Without your cloud save you don't have anything. Using the "Restore purchases" button will only bring back purchased objects like e.g. the poolcleaner, stairs and elevator packs or clothes. No currencies, no VIP level.
If I restore it all my purchases will be untouched including VIP level, is this correct?
That's correct.
I made some purchases and got VIP perks. I always get everthing back when I reset the game and download my cloud save.
I haven't made the purchase, something went wrong with my Google account otherwise I would test it myself.
I'm sorry for all the questions. :)
No worries! It's complicated :)
iOS 17.4.1

JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Aaaa ok so nothing to worry about, thank you very much I'm done :p