Will it really be two weeks for FireMonkey's support?!?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Will it really be two weeks for FireMonkey's support?!?

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Please, please, please tell me it won't take two weeks to hear back from FM's support team!!! If it takes that long what will it mean for the Potion Quest that's coming up? Or is it going to be another hobby-grinding deal? And aren't they supposed to be running the Sleepwear event again soon? ACK! At this rate I'm never going to get those stupid PJs. :(

The reason I had to send in a support request is because since I have no Preteen sims and I keep needing one, I bought a Preteen using the phone and now my game crashes during loading. I was one of the lucky ones who wasn't having a crashing problem after the M&M update despite being on iOS 5.1.1 (the latest version my iPad will load). But now I can't even get into the game so I can make my Preteen sim. *SIGH*

In short, I can't play at all because my game never finishes loading. :roll:
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Will it really be two weeks for FireMonkey's support?!?

Post by SIMazing »

I don't know how long it will be (right now, I'm kicked out every time I try to submit a report).
They do have some tips on their website that might help while you wait: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... nformation

Have you tried doing a reset of your iPad where you hold both the home and power buttons? Sometimes this fixes crashes (game and regular) for me on my iPad 2.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
DanieC
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by DanieC »

I'm on iOS 7 on my iPhone 4, I tried everything FM and the friendly people here recommended but to no avail. Since the beginning of this M&M update I can't play longer than 5 minutes without crashing. After three tries my sims stop doing what they were supposed to do.
So, luckily I could manage to play two days on my husbands iPad in order to get the Halloween costumes.
Now I'm holding my breath how I get to manage the next quest. It's my hubbies device from work and not always available.
I hope that with the next update this iOS problem will be solved. Definitly not sooner probably not even then.
DanieC
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by DanieC »

But bloodredroses01 I hope for you that your problem will be solved asap.
I read in the sfp-forum on Facebook that there are a lot of people with exacty your problem (not finishing loading) and some of them succeded to play on by following the troubleshooting advices by FM.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

I still haven't heard from FM support yet.

Over the weekend I tried off and on to get into my game but no such luck. Here's a rundown of how things keep going:

Starting from iPad homescreen
Tap on icon to start game
EA splash page
(sometimes it asks me for my Apple ID here)
Loading splash page w/ game tips
Runs through at least 3-4 tips but usually 5-6 tips
Sims FreePlay splash page - time varies on how long this stays up but it always ends with...
CRASH back to the homescreen :evil:

And all this because I wanted an instant Preteen instead of waiting for one of my babies/toddlers to age up. :? What's really ticking me off now is that the Saved by the Spell quest starts tomorrow and I can't get into my stupid game.

I've tried all the tips on the page that SIMazing suggested with the major exception of doing a reinstall because I'm afraid that by doing that I will lose the grey hair that I have on two of my Adult Sims because EA/FM in their "infinite wisdom" (I.e. sheer stupidity ;) ) took away that hair option for Adults that aren't Seniors. I've already been burned before by them when they took away some of the clothing and men's head options and I don't want it to happen again. They're are the 3rd and 4th sims I made and the first ones I saved w/ platinum orbs so they're pretty special to me.

I'm really suprised by how much I'm missing not being able to play SFP especially given how annoyed it has been making me lately. I find myself doing my pre-game routine (closing everything in the task bar & home/power buttons restart) before I remember I can't get in to the game. :cry: Half the time I do this I go ahead and give it a try just on the off chance it will work but it never does. So I'm stuck waiting on FM support. *SIGH*
Morgan Rose
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

bloodredroses01 wrote:<snip> I've tried all the tips on the page that SIMazing suggested with the major exception of doing a reinstall because I'm afraid that by doing that I will lose the grey hair that I have on two of my Adult Sims because EA/FM in their "infinite wisdom" (I.e. sheer stupidity ;) ) took away that hair option for Adults that aren't Seniors. I've already been burned before by them when they took away some of the clothing and men's head options and I don't want it to happen again. They're are the 3rd and 4th sims I made and the first ones I saved w/ platinum orbs so they're pretty special to me. <snip?>
Before all this started had you been saving to the cloud? If so, you would only lose anything you did after your last save when you reinstalled the game. I have done it a few times for various reasons. You load the game, have to get through the first few tutorial steps, and then you can use the cloud to load your most recent game data. Even if your game still crashes, the cloud save will be there, waiting on you.
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

SIMazing wrote:[...]
Before all this started had you been saving to the cloud? If so, you would only lose anything you did after your last save when you reinstalled the game. I have done it a few times for various reasons. You load the game, have to get through the first few tutorial steps, and then you can use the cloud to load your most recent game data. Even if your game still crashes, the cloud save will be there, waiting on you.
Is there a special reason, why you start a new game instead of downloading your cloudsave right after loading the game?
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

ErinPW wrote:
SIMazing wrote:[...]
Is there a special reason, why you start a new game instead of downloading your cloudsave right after loading the game?
I need to guiltily respond that it's been a while since my last reinstall. I have a distinct memory of once or twice having to go through the tutorial before being given access to the cloud (which really freaked me out, worried that I would lose my game). It's possible that I've reinstalled the game since then and just didn't remember how much it's changed, since it's now a lot more like a reset.
Just to see what would happen with the current game (and how much it's changed), I just did a reinstall a few minutes ago. And I admit I was wrong - you won't need to go through the tutorial. Sorry for the misinformation about that part. :oops:
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

SIMazing wrote:Before all this started had you been saving to the cloud? If so, you would only lose anything you did after your last save when you reinstalled the game. I have done it a few times for various reasons. You load the game, have to get through the first few tutorial steps, and then you can use the cloud to load your most recent game data. Even if your game still crashes, the cloud save will be there, waiting on you.
The last time I can positively remember saving to the cloud was after Part 3 of the Candy Monster quest. I hate the time it takes to save to the cloud and tend to get kinda sloppy about doing it after awhile. I'm pretty certain I forgot to save after completing the quest. :oops: A reinstall would mean I'd lose the quest costumes and the final costume pack ( no way am I gonna pay $9.99 for the costume pack!).

But it's my grey-haired Adults I'm most nervous about losing. Wouldn't a reinstall wipe them out because they're no longer available? I know I'm being incredibly silly about them but there it is.

BTW thanks for all help.
Morgan Rose
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

bloodredroses01 wrote:
The last time I can positively remember saving to the cloud was after Part 3 of the Candy Monster quest. I hate the time it takes to save to the cloud and tend to get kinda sloppy about doing it after awhile. I'm pretty certain I forgot to save after completing the quest. :oops: A reinstall would mean I'd lose the quest costumes and the final costume pack ( no way am I gonna pay $9.99 for the costume pack!).

But it's my grey-haired Adults I'm most nervous about losing. Wouldn't a reinstall wipe them out because they're no longer available? I know I'm being incredibly silly about them but there it is.

BTW thanks for all help.
Starting and continuing a new game would wipe out everything you have earned before. If you tap "Download save data", you'll get your saved game including the grey hair.

I have reinstalled my game a few days ago. The picture shows my grey haired city mayor this morning.
Attachments
image.jpg
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View