More sims

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

More sims

Post by Aalinnutza »

I recently came back to sims free play after a long hiatus... And it got me thinking: why did I leave I game that I was so obsessed by? The answer is simple: after reaching the maximum level there was nothing new for me! I did the occasional quest, but it pained me to go back to a ghost town! I managed to save 29 of my sims, but most of my houses are empty! We need more sims! Due to the rule that a sim can only do one hobby, I don't need any new hobbies! I have no free sims to allocate to the new hobbies! I get that as a gaming company you want to get new players and it's difficult to start a game like freeplay, but what about us, the players that are with the game from the near beginning? We have reached maximum level, we have amazing houses for our sims, but most of those are empty! I did not complain about the implementation of death in the game! I accepted the changes thinking that maybe the game will become once more interesting! It did not! So maybe instead of updates with new hobbies and places to build we could get more sims...
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The most recent one
kenward
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: More sims

Post by kenward »

In my game I'm currently at the 34 sim limit. Officially there are not enough sims to fill the homes it game.

Before the city update there were 34 lots in the game. If i had 1 sim per lot that would leave no extra sims for marriage, families or roommates.
Imposible to build apartments or condos with the current sim limit. If you had the 4 sim limit per home you would need 148 sims in the game.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Well, some of the lots could be developed as non residential. Some templates, such as the health spa, party house and toddler playground already tend this way.

And some players have specialty lots such as cooking houses or mostly open lots for the crafting stations. I made a winter campground that my adolescent and teen sims visit to do the skating hobby. I like it better than the snow park because I can use singing fish there.

Another idea is to build second homes/vacation homes that sims can visit such as cabins or beach homes.
Attachments
Winter park built on spa template
Winter park built on spa template
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

SKatF wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 19:45 Well, some of the lots could be developed as non residential. Some templates, such as the health spa, party house and toddler playground already tend this way.

And some players have specialty lots such as cooking houses or mostly open lots for the crafting stations. I made a winter campground that my adolescent and teen sims visit to do the skating hobby. I like it better than the snow park because I can use singing fish there.

Another idea is to build second homes/vacation homes that sims can visit such as cabins or beach homes.
Great ideas and I love your winter campground.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I agree, this is my main gripe about the new update, that there is now more lots than sims. I feel that there should be at least as many sims as there are home lots, if not a small handful more. I'm not expecting hundreds of sims here, FM, just enough that my town doesn't look like a ghost town on the map.

I have made most of my empty lots into my own businesses or community lots. But even there, I find that I don't have enough sims to "work" at them. There's also the mild annoyance of tapping through the add/relocate sim menu to actually visit your unoccupied "business ". It would be good if they found a way to let us assign them as non-residential and get rid of that, maybe make those options accessible through the mailbox or something instead. A Get to Work/Open for Business style update would be nice for that, maybe some objects similar to the benches at the restaurant and burger/juice bars so we can actually have store attendants. :)

I also have a few holiday homes, like most of the house boats I figure still belong to the sims who moved out into real houses to have families. But let's be real, they don't get to take holidays. They're too busy working and planting beans around the clock.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

I agree that it would be nice to have a way to make it one tap to access certain unoccupied lots, like designating them as public or something.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update