Cannot build basement

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Cannot build basement

Post by LovemySims »

Can anyone else build a basement on the Gingerbread house lot? I was planning on putting a basement in on my Christmas house, which is a Gingerbread lot but it will not let me, I'm confused!
fuzzybunnyslippers
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Cannot build basement

Post by fuzzybunnyslippers »

It looks goofy--there's no "grid" to follow. But if I start in a corner (upper right), I can make basement rooms in the Gingerbread house. One goofy thing, once I made a room, if I exit build mode; it looks like it's a large lot (not a small lot) but I can't expand the rooms to that area in Build mode. Also while IN build mode, when I place a floor, it stays grass green in build mode, but once I exit build mode, it's the normal floor.
HFN at starter house, 22 Westside
Reindeer park, 10 Westside
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

LovemySims wrote:Can anyone else build a basement on the Gingerbread house lot? I was planning on putting a basement in on my Christmas house, which is a Gingerbread lot but it will not let me, I'm confused!
That is what I asked in the Gingerbread House forum because my when I am in build mode, the basement is all green, without a grid to follow. When I exit build mode, it looks normal.

Something is glitchy there and I hope it gets fixed soon.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Thank you both for replying. FuzzyBunny that was helpful thank you, I managed to build the basement by starting from the corner of the non existent grid but it's kind of tricky to get the right spot!
Butterfly if you follow the instructions that FuzzyBunnySlippers gave then you can build a basement - I hope they fix it soon also.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

LovemySims wrote:Thank you both for replying. FuzzyBunny that was helpful thank you, I managed to build the basement by starting from the corner of the non existent grid but it's kind of tricky to get the right spot!
Butterfly if you follow the instructions that FuzzyBunnySlippers gave then you can build a basement - I hope they fix it soon also.
Yeah, I have done the same as Fuzzy...but I prefer to hold off until the glitch is fixed. ;)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

LovemySims wrote:Thank you both for replying. FuzzyBunny that was helpful thank you, I managed to build the basement by starting from the corner of the non existent grid but it's kind of tricky to get the right spot!
Any fix to this issue yet? I have demolished the lot 2 times and the basement is still green in build mode.
MissTiquelle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MissTiquelle »

Other people have had this, including me. In the Gingerbread House thread. other people are talking about it.