Game Crashing

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Game Crashing

Post by chamilet »

WinkTartanBelle wrote:
Microdot wrote:
WinkTartanBelle wrote:Mine has been doing this on pc using bluestacks android emulator, as well as my ipad. Not had it do this yet on iphone. I think the first time was about 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to determine any cause or anything to replicate it on purpose, but did file a report with Firemonkey. It stopped me from being able to build the bungalow on Romance Island :( I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the emulator, but no joy.
Are you running version 0.9.0.4203 of Bluestacks?
I've had no issues with this version.

My current version shows as 2.0.8.5638 last updated Feb 5, 2016.

My sims get knocked off task and left idle in front of their homes at mailbox. All of them. Had this happen over and over one day. I switched to my alt device (iOS) and sadly had the cloud tell me my game matched and no download was available. That sucketh majorly when you are doing a time-limited event or quest.
That's when you reset the game and download the saved game from the cloud!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

WinkTartanBelle wrote:
Microdot wrote:
WinkTartanBelle wrote:Mine has been doing this on pc using bluestacks android emulator, as well as my ipad. Not had it do this yet on iphone. I think the first time was about 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to determine any cause or anything to replicate it on purpose, but did file a report with Firemonkey. It stopped me from being able to build the bungalow on Romance Island :( I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the emulator, but no joy.
Are you running version 0.9.0.4203 of Bluestacks?
I've had no issues with this version.

My current version shows as 2.0.8.5638 last updated Feb 5, 2016.

My sims get knocked off task and left idle in front of their homes at mailbox. All of them. Had this happen over and over one day. I switched to my alt device (iOS) and sadly had the cloud tell me my game matched and no download was available. That sucketh majorly when you are doing a time-limited event or quest.
Perturbee's advice about Bluestacks version: Problem with BlueStacks
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

My game crashes every time I try to add a pool ladder. (It also won't let me select one to move.) each time I try to buy one, before I can even place it in the pool (just selecting it from the store), I get thrown out of the game.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

SIMazing wrote:My game crashes every time I try to add a pool ladder. (It also won't let me select one to move.) each time I try to buy one, before I can even place it in the pool (just selecting it from the store), I get thrown out of the game.
Mine has the pool ladder crash thing too, but only on my iPad. On my iPhone it doesn't happen. Weird. It happened twice then all my sims had stopped there tasks throughout the whole town and that was really annoying, because then I had to take an old save from my phone from two hours either and restore the game. I lost all my progress. I forgot that I have to open the game and then close it entirely after a crash. :cry:
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

mudgenie wrote: 04 Mar 2016, 08:29
SIMazing wrote:My game crashes every time I try to add a pool ladder. (It also won't let me select one to move.) each time I try to buy one, before I can even place it in the pool (just selecting it from the store), I get thrown out of the game.
Mine has the pool ladder crash thing too, but only on my iPad. On my iPhone it doesn't happen. Weird. It happened twice then all my sims had stopped there tasks throughout the whole town and that was really annoying, because then I had to take an old save from my phone from two hours either and restore the game. I lost all my progress. I forgot that I have to open the game and then close it entirely after a crash. :cry:
I know this is more than a year old, but I'm getting the pool ladder crash now. I am unable to place a ladder from inventory. I seem to he unable to move ladders from one place in the pool to another.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

telemwill wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 20:58 [...]

I know this is more than a year old, but I'm getting the pool ladder crash now. I am unable to place a ladder from inventory. I seem to he unable to move ladders from one place in the pool to another.
Did you have sims diving while you tried to re/place a ladder?
If I try to replace a ladder I get an empty popup, trying to take one from inventory causes the crashing. In my game it only happens while a sim is diving.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

ErinPW wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 21:23
telemwill wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 20:58 [...]

Did you have sims diving while you tried to re/place a ladder?
If I try to replace a ladder I get an empty popup, trying to take one from inventory causes the crashing. In my game it only happens while a sim is diving.
I did have a SIM diving! Thanks, Erin. I was so worried.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Fayew
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Fayew »

It happens when the game is overheating. Try resetting the game. Sometimes it shall work.